] new ruler [

Summary: Thor and (Y/N) have been in a long relationship, sticking by each other through the Chitauri attack, when the Dark Elves almost took over and Ultron. However, (Y/N) has never been to Asgard and Thor knows that he must return to his home to take over as king, facing a hard decision; choose his kingdom or his love?

Characters: Thor Odinson x Reader

Meanings: (Y/N)= Your name

(Y/L/N)= Your last name

Warnings: not really sure where I was going with this

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As my eyes opened from a deep sleep, I smiled at the scene before me. I was embraced in my lovers arms, feeling safe and protected. Thor had somehow come into my life but I never wanted him to leave now. Pulling him even closer, I felt his hands tighten their grip on me slightly, groaning from moving around. I let out a breathy laugh, watching as woke up.

"It is still early dawn, my love. Why are you awake?" he asked, kissing my forehead.

"I guess my body knows that I dont have much time left with you. I need to make every second count."

Thor was to leave soon, having to return to Asgard. He had kingly duties and had been away for far too long. But that was all my fault. I had fallen for the God of Thunder, the king of Asgard; me, a small little Earth girl. I felt bad for keeping him away from his home but it wasn't fair that the only good thing in my life was about to be torn away from me. He had begged me countless times to go with him back to Asgard, I just couldn't face it. His people wouldn't want me there, I just knew it.

"(Y/N)," he leaned up on his elbow, looking down at me,"come with me, please. Let me show you my home as you have shown me yours."

I sighed."Thor, I've already taken you away from your people, what would they think when they see me with you?"

"They would love you. Everyone knows that Earth is one of the many realms I must protect. And you a part of that too." his hand gently stroked my cheek.

I placed my hand over his."They'll be expecting someone royal, or someone who can unite your kingdom with another."

"Perhaps you did not hear me correctly? You are a part of Earth, Midgard as we call it; your council will be well appreciated."

I thought about it for a moment."But what if things do go wrong?"

"You must stop this negative thinking, it is not good for you. Besides, if that did occur, I would ignore my people, they would be the ones in the wrong."

I smiled."Thor you can't do that. What sort of king would that make you?"

"The kind that loves his woman."

"I'll think about it."

As the day progressed, his question played more and more on my mind. It had always been a dream of mine to visit Asgard, who would miss on an opportunity to travel to another realm? But how was I supposed to deal with the problems that would occur? Asgard was still old fashioned, it was part of their culture to have arranged marriages, or so I had read; I had always been too scared to ask Thor in case it offended him.

And the pressure of being a queen was far too much. I had no idea how to be royal and these people needed strong leaders, not someone who would just be waited on all day. Thor had a point, I was from one of the realms but we were so different to everywhere else. I would have to dress like them, act like them, be one of them; honestly, I would be acting out my Game Of Thrones fantasy. But it was so much more than fancy dresses and tiaras.