] tell him [

Requested: yes. I combined to requests to make it longer

A/N: i figured we needed some angst so i threw in a bit of that. Hope you guys like this one. I initially wrote this as two parts but since I finished both already might as well have a long imagine instead of two short ones

—————

"Do not tell him."

"But Y/N—"

"Please, Shuri. It's not the time for this." You said, standing up from the floor as you wiped your mouth. You walked over to the sink and washed your hands, grabbing your toothbrush in the process. Any sign of this must not be shown. Especially to your husband.

"He has to know about his child. Wakanda's prince!"

"Shuri, please. I know that. But I will tell him, okay. It has to come from me."

She frowned but had no choice but to agree with you. "Okay." She nodded.

"Thank you." You smiled at her when you were done. "Come on. Show me the new tech."

*

It was difficult to hide the pregnancy from everyone.

You'd feel the symptoms in the worst times and even though you weren't that far along, they were extreme enough. T'challa would ask you if you're okay but it's only a matter of time before he realizes you're not really having your time of the month every week. Especially when he asked Shuri what was wrong with you and what she told him didn't match your alibi. It's getting close for him to figure it out but you told him it was nothing he need concern himself with.

"Just focus on your duties for now, my love. I'll be fine." You always tell him.

Shuri buries herself in her work now. Trying to avoid any conversation with people in fear of accidentally spilling your secret. It has gone on for so long that she was so relieved when Okoye figured it out.

She was the only one that was happy about the situation.

"A little prince!" Okoye couldn't help but grin to herself everytime she thought of the possibility.

You shook your head at her. "We don't know for sure if it'll be a boy, General."

"We have a bet going on already." She replied back, pointing at Shuri and herself.

It almost made you tell the news to T'challa. Just to see if he wanted a boy, too.

But a news like this was big. He had enough on his plate being King already.

*

"Y/N....." Shuri's voice was worried.

You smiled, holding her hand in comfort. "I'll be fine, Shuri." You assured her before getting inside the jet with Nakia.

"You don't have to do this. Just tell him already."

You shook your head. "Not just yet."

"But why? Why the wait?"

"I told you, not just yet." You said, hugging her tight. "I promise I'll be careful."

And you tried your best to keep that promise.

But what waited for you was a trap.

You and Nakia didn't expect a rebellion when you came to help out the neighboring tribes in the middle of the African dessert. There were too many of them.

"Y/N!" Nakia shouted, fighting off men that was surrounding you two as you hurriedly made your way to the jet. You were almost inside when someone grabbed onto your feet, making you trip and fall on your stomach.