] beautiful form [

Requested: yep

A/N: i decided to combine this with another request so yea there will be a part 2 which will be smut. we just can not get enough of our thicc gorilla king, can we?

———-

You fit in very well with the Jabari people.

They've accepted you as one of their own when you came to them. The usual gruff and stoic nature of the people praising an ancient  gorilla god was all but an acquired taste for you. But they're not always like that. They know the value of tradition and they care for it the same way they care for their everyday lives. Their livelihood, their family, their friends, and even outsiders like yourself. With passion and gratitude.

And no one exhibited these traits better than their tribe leader. M'baku.

Your M'baku.

"Y/N, my love. Why are you up?" he grumbled from the massive bed, pillows and blankets adorned with the signature Jabari cloths and a large white fur blanket spread by your feet. You turned around and faced your husband, walking towards him after you closed the windows, shutting out the cold of the mountains at night.

You pulled your silver silk robe closer to you, tightening it before you slid in beside him. His arms finding your torso immediately, hugging you as he snuggled his face close to your neck and chest. You smiled, hearing his content sigh. Your fingers traced the bare skin on his arms and back, watching him peacefully next to you.

"Everything okay, my love?" he asked, eyes closed but still holding you.

You nodded to yourself, clearing your throat before whispering. "Yeah. Just thinking about a few things?"

"Want to tell me?"

"I...well, maybe not." you hesitated.

He picked up on your uneasiness though and looked up at you. "Come on."

You tilted your head at him, your smile not reaching your eyes like usual. After a moment, you nodded.

"You know I love this place, right?" you started.

"Not as much as you love me though, right?" he grinned, attempting to lighten the mood. He never fails to do that with you though so you gave him a light chuckle before continuing.

"Well, I just....People...Uhmm.....I heard rumors that, as the wife of their leader, I'm unfit to rule the Jabari."

"Nonsense. You've done very well with your duties so far. I don't see any problem. Who are these people?" M'baku asked, facing you..

You held his hand and shook your head, calming him down before he gets heated. "No, no. Forget who said it, M'baku. That's not what I mean." you told him. Taking a deep breath, you sighed, backing away a bit. "The Jabari people are strong and have bodies most warriors wouldn't dare to go against. I'm supposed to be the one beside you and I can't even be a proper queen. Not when I look like this."

You let go of his hand, gesturing the rest of your body. You had to admit you were thicker than most of the women in this tribe and the others. Being cooped up in the mountains while living the life of a queen didn't help much. The curves you once thought  the most wonderful thing about made you felt even more of an outsider.

Looking up at M'baku, you saw how his eyebrows furrowed like he was in deep thought, confusion evident on his face. "I don't understand. You are beautiful in every form. Why should your appearance matter to being a queen? To being my queen? I love you very much, Y/N. I wouldn't trade you for the world."