] Shortie [

Summery: based off this prompt - "you're super short and i'm sorry but it's really really cute whenever you try to reach that book on the top shelf here lemme help you- oh no don't be embarrassed, your face is all red and you're even more adorable now i am going to die"

Genre: fluff!

Paring: Peter Parker x reader (gender neutral)

A/N: quite short! but i love this prompt and I had to write it since I'm a shortie myself and this would happen to me. enjoy!

~

The librarian's voice let out an annoyed "SSHH!" when I laughed a bit too hard at Peter's science pun. I felt my face heat up as I looked back at Peter, who was trying to keep in his own laughter.

"Damn it Peter, stop being a comedic genius." I said jokingly. Peter smiled and said, "I can't help it, I like to see the smile on your face." He said shyly. I blushed and looked back at my Spanish homework. "Fuck we need the English version so we can translate." I sighed and got out of my chair, taking the opportunity to calm my flushed face and racing heart as I made my way to the classic literature section.

Our Spanish teacher thought it would be a great idea for us to translate a chapter of any book he put on our reading list. Peter, being the over achiever he is, had us doing Romeo and Juliet. Which just so happened to be on the top shelf.

I huffed out a breathe and tried to reach for the book, but couldn't even get my finger tips to reach the shelf. I tried again, jumping this time, but was again unsuccessful. I sighed and heard someone laughing behind me.

Peter was leaning against the shelf, laughing at my attempts to reach the ridiculous book. I rolled my eyes, "Got something to say?" I asked, a sassy tone taking over. Peter blushed as he stuttered out a response.

"It's just..you're super short and i'm sorry but it's really really cute whenever you try to reach that book on the top shelf, here lemme help you." He moved over to where the book was and easily pulled it down, handing it to me. My face must have given away my embarrassment as Peter spoke up again, "Oh no don't be embarrassed, your face is all red and you're even more adorable now i am going to die"

He looked down at his hands and started playing with the edge of his shirt as I processed his words. "You think I'm adorable?" I said quietly, almost afraid of the words. Peter looked at me, his eye wide as he responded, "Well yea, I've always thought you were so cute and I really like you I just never said anything and why can't I stop talking holy cow." He ran a hand through his hair and started making his way back to our table.

"Peter!" I called out, getting a glare from the bitchy librarian again. He looked him, an unreadable look on his face. "I like you too ya dummy." I said, giving him a smile. His face lit up, "Wait really? Like you actually like me?" I laughed at his disbelief and gave him a kiss on the cheek. His jaw dropped a little. "Yea Peter, I really really like you. Now that that's handled, can we get back to Spanish? Someone had to pick a stupid book and this is gonna take 8 years if we don't get started." Peter gave me a grin and sat down next to me, opening up the famous Shakespeare story.

"Two households, both alike in dignity-" "Dos hogares, ambos con dignidad"