] wardrobe malfunction [

Summary: One of Tony's charity balls is coming up and of the course the whole team is attending. However, Bucky is very reluctant to go, blaming a wardrobe malfunction as the problem.

Characters: Bucky Barnes x Reader

Meanings: (Y/N)= Your name

(Y/L/N)= Your last name

Warnings: None

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Decorations? Check.

Bar staff? Check.

Alcohol? Check.

Superheroes?

I scribbled a question mark next to that one, unsure of how many were going to show up. Tony's charity ball would be a big success with just him being there, no doubt, but it would help greatly if the others came. As his secretary, it was my job to ensure that everything was ready for that night, and although I had done it so many times before, this time I felt slightly more pressured. There was a bigger team now and they had all been through so much that I knew it was going to be hard to convince them all to come; who would want to be socializing with snobs flashing their cash? I certainly wasn't looking forward to it.

"(Y/L/N), how we looking for tonight?" Tony asked as he entered the space we were hosting the ball in.

"Everything is in place and ready, I've triple checked. All we need now are the stars of the show." I answered, tapping away at my tablet.

"Yeah, good luck with that."

I sighed."Well, only Wanda and Vision seem to be resistant, they probably won't come. However, I think that might be a good thing."

"Yeah, I'm with you on that one. What about Heavy Metal? Is he coming?"

I rolled my eyes."You mean Bucky?"

He waited for my answer.

"Not sure. Steve answered for him but he didn't seem too eager. I'm working on it though."

"Why so persistent? Hoping that the it'll land on him when we play spin the bottle?"

"Mr Stark I can promise you that this party will not resolve to childish games. These people want to be entertained."

He raised his arms in defense."Ok, you're the boss."

Once again I checked that everything was in place for the evening before heading off to find the others. It would be great if a majority turned up, not for the sake of the ball but for themselves; they never had time to relax, this would be a good opportunity. I went to the gym first, knowing that someone had to be in there. As I arrived, I saw Clint, Steve and Sam 'training' which was really a 'who can do the most sit ups in a minute' competition. They were too engrossed in beating each other that they didn't notice me approaching them. Standing at their heads, I watched as they finally saw me but didn't stop the exercise.

"(Y/N), what can we do for you?" Sam gasped, clearly out of breath.

"I'm just making sure everyone can make it tonight. Are you three still coming?"

"Would it be a real party if I wasn't there?"

I smiled down at him."Yes, it would."

The others chuckled, still continuing their competition.

"Clint? Steve?"

"I'm there." Clint rushed out, trying to beat his teammates.

"So am I." Steve replied.