] "how dare you come back?", pt.2 [

Pairing: Tony Stark x Reader

Featuring: none

Words: 1205

Warning: none I think

Note: i know the gif is not completely related but I just love it!

/ /

Your breath got caught in your throat as soon as your little girl made that question. You looked at Tony for a moment who was looking at her with the brightest eyes you had ever seen. With a sigh, you just recognised to yourself that you couldn't keep him away from his daughter. It was too cruel and it had been three years since you two broke up. Maybe you could make an agreement and be...friends?

"What have I told you about listening behind the doors?" You told Lizzie.

"Sorry..." she mumbled looking down. Once again, you bended down in front of her and had her looking at you. "Is he?" She asked again.

"Yes, honey. He's your dad", you finally said.

Lizzie looked at you for a moment and then at her father. Slowly, Tony approached her and bended down next to you, trying not to scare her away. He offered his hand to your girl as you held your breath.

"Hello, my name is Tony", he said with a small smile.

"Mine is Lizzie", she replied taking his hand. "Are you really my dad?" She asked for the third time.

"I am, and I am so happy to meet you", he said smiling wider now.

Lizzie looked at you for a moment. You knew exactly what she wanted and you just couldn't say no so, sighing once again, you nodded. The little one smiled and without hesitation she wrapped her little arms around Tony's neck. It surprised how naturally she fit in her father's arms actually and it was also surprising how your heart melted when you saw Tony hugging her and picking her up.

"Thank you" Tony mouthed to you when you stood up as well and then squeezed her a bit more.

You just smiled at him as a response and went to the kitchen. Everything was being too much all of sudden and you just needed a moment to process what had just happened. All of sudden your life had been turned upside down thanks to Tony Stark once again, and you didn't know how to deal with it.

"(Y/N)?" His voice came into the kitchen quietly. Quickly, you whipped away your tears and turned around. "Lizzie is in her room", he said first.

"Okay..." you nodded slowly.

"She's beautiful" he said in awe which made you smile.

"I know...she looks just like you", you told him. He chuckled a little and nodded.

"Yeah... I saw it", he sighed and then put his hands in his pockets.

And suddenly you were back in the tower, back to that day when everything went to hell. He also stood in front of you like he was at that moment, but his look was completely different now.

"Tony, I'm sorry", you finally said after some moments of silence. "I know I should've told you. At least when I gave birth but..." you sighed and looked down. "After how we ended I was afraid of...your rejection", you finally said.

"I would have never rejected her, (Y/N). She's my daughter...our daughter", he said.

Your stomach twisted as he said that. How could you have ever thought that you were over him? It was so obvious that you would never be. It was Tony. The love of your life. The one. Everyone knew. Even you and it didn't matter how much you tried to hide it. Those feelings would always be there.

"I think you should come back to the tower and live there", he said breaking the silence between you two.

"What?" You asked frowning. You were going nowhere. This was your home now.

"This place is not safe, nor is the neighbourhood. I can take care of you two, and you know it" he stated.

"So? We've been living here perfectly happy for three years. This doesn't change a thing", you replied.

"Of course it changes everything! She's my daughter as well, and I have every damn right to raise her", he said.

"How you dare, Stark? How you dare to come back and claim her? We are not going anywhere!" You exclaimed.

"I didn't even know she existed! And believe me, I swear I have no problem on going to the court, (Y/N). Who would win, huh?" He asked crossing his arms.

"You wouldn't dare. You can't take her away from me", you shook your head quickly.

"Then come with me! I don't want you to be apart from her either so just come, you can have your own floor at the tower to live, but..." he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I have already missed three years of my baby's life. I don't want to miss any more", he pleaded.

Biting your lip you looked away from him closing your eyes. You just couldn't go back to the tower like that and act like nothing happened. The memories were too painful. And what would the team think? With a sigh, you looked at him.

"I have to think about it", you told him. "And I have to ask her. It would a huge change for her as well and maybe she wouldn't adapt", you explained.

"I understand", he nodded. "But I want to try at least" he added.

"I...I will think about it and I will give you a call. Have you changed your number?" You said. He shook his head and you nodded.

"I'm going to say goodbye", he said and walked out of the kitchen.

Once again, you leaned against the counter and covered your face. Why did he have to come back and move everything inside of you like nothing ever happened? Why did you still have to be in love with him? It was too painful and you didn't know what to do. You knew that moving back to the Tower was the best thing you could, for you and for Lizzie but you just wasn't ready.

"Mummy, mummy! Is it true?" Lizzie suddenly ran into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around your legs. Tony walked in just after her smiling. "Are we going to live with dad in a huge tower that touches the sky?"

You looked at Tony who just smiled innocently and shrugged. Of course he would go and talk to her behind your back. Classic Tony Stark move. Looking away from him, you bended down looking at Lizzie now.

"Do you want to go? We would have to leave our apartment and what about your friends from the park?" You asked.

"I want to live in a tower like a princess. And Mikaela and aren't friends anymore. She thinks Iron Man is stupid", she mumbled.

You looked at Tony to see him smirking. Well, your daughter happened to love Iron Man. Ironic right?

"And you like Iron Man?" Tony asked.

"Yes! I want to fly just like he does!" She exclaimed turning to look at him but then looked at you. "So? Are we going there?" She asked you with bright eyes.

You looked at Tony who was smiling widely and then at Lizzie who just had the brightest eyes fill with illusion and you knew you had no choice.

"I guess we are", you said.

"Yaaay!" She yelled hugging you tight.