] Rain makes the flowers grow [

Arthur Curry x Reader

Summary: You're the new member of the Justice League, and Arthur doesn't quite know what to think of you until one day in the training arena...

Warnings: None?

Word Count: 864

-

You had only been a member of the League for about a month. The other members, namely Arthur Curry, weren't so sure about you yet. He didn't know what your powers were or what your deal was, but he liked the vibes you gave him. You could scarcely be seen without a big flower crown or your heart shaped necklace. Your room, from the little glimpse he had seen one time, looked more like a greenhouse than a bedroom, and he quite often found you sitting on the roof with your ukulele.

In fact, he didn't really know what your powers consisted of. He hadn't really been paying attention during the meeting. But you were living with them now, and he couldn't help but feel drawn to you. You, however, were too busy daydreaming to be bothered to meet him and the rest of the squad just yet.

You were adjusting, Diana explained to them. You needed time to get used to this place and the people in it.

Arthur caught you in the kitchen one day, pouring yourself a glass of Pepsi, your ukulele strapped to your back. Your pink and white crown of flowers was sitting in your cascading curls, and your skin almost seemed to sparkle. He grinned and leaned forward a bit.

"Arthur, isn't it?" You asked, whirling around to face him. He didn't know you had realized he was there. "I'm (Y/N)."

"I know who you are." He puffed out his chest and took a few confident strides forward. "I didn't realize you knew who I was, though. You sure spend a lot of time to yourself."

"I'm still adjusting. I've lived alone for a while. Trying to get into the swing of things, you know."

"I like the uh, vibe you've got going." He motioned to your flower crown and the floral blouse you were wearing.

"Well, I think it's pretty fitting, all things considered." You posed your hand and moments later, vines wrapped around your wrist and a rose bloomed. His eyes widened. So that was what you could do.

You were gone a few minutes later, playing ukulele on the roof. Barry sped into the room for his mid-afternoon snack time. Perk of living with the Justice League: unlimited snacks thanks to the League's very own billionaire.

"You alright?" Barry asked, his back to Arthur as he dug through the cupboard at the speed of light.

"You met (Y/N) yet?"

"I'm the one that recruited her." Barry seemed to be making a gummy bear sandwich. Interesting... "Found her in Gotham Gardens building a giant treehouse. It was pretty awesome."

"So plants are her thing?"

"Dude, she's the daughter of Persephone." Barry took a bite of his monstrosity, and then, with his mouth full, murmured, "She's like literally a goddess."

The weight of this statement didn't really hit Arthur until he saw you in the training arena the next day. Diana had pit you against the King of the Sea himself. He thought he had the upperhand until you crafted a redwood shield with a flick of your wrist and used thick jungle vines to seize him, holding him in place. He struggled a little, but couldn't break free from her grasp.

With a grin that sent his heart soaring, you wiggled your fingers, causing a dozen roses to bloom on the bonds that held him in place. He chuckled, his large legs dangling uselessly in the air.

 He chuckled, his large legs dangling uselessly in the air

"Ha, ha. Very funny. Now, could you...could you put me down?" He asked, kicking his feet. You tilted your head and looked up at him, a smug smile forming on your lips.

"I kind of like you up there." You used your powers to lower him to the ground. He looked more embarrassed than he cared to admit, flashing a sheepish smile and rubbing the back of his neck.

"You're powerful for a pretty little thing."

"I like to keep people on their toes." You shrugged. He couldn't believe how quick the change was from a powerful fear-inspiring goddess to your usual peppy self. It was kind of amazing. He was left in awe as you walked away.

Later, the team had assembled to watch a movie and there was only one spot on the couch.

"I think there's some room over here, Flowers." Arthur had one of his large tattooed arms draped on the back of the couch. Your cheeks went red, but you walked over and sat next to the large man, settling in with ease. You weren't wearing your flower crown. Instead, you were wearing cozy floral patterned pajamas that were as soft as they looked.

"Thanks for saving me a spot."

"No one wanted to sit next to Arthur anyway." Barry laughed. It got a chuckle out of the others as well.

"That's alright. I'll take one for the team." You winked at him, sending a pleasant chill down his spine. He rested his hand on your shoulder, pulling you a tiny bit closer to him. He smiled as you curled into his chest.

It was quite a sight, the King of the Sea with his arm around the Goddess of Spring. But perhaps you were perfect. After all, rain is what makes the flowers grow.