] step by step [

Pairing: Peter Parker x Older!Reader

Warning: Cursing

Summary: Peter asks his older friend, Y/n if she would help him learn to dance since he doesn't know how to and she's already been to prom. He confesses that he's scared to make a fool of himself in front of everyone. While teaching Peter in the best way she can, something happens between them.

Author: Dizzy

A/N: This was requested by a sweet anon who said, "I know you have a lot to do, so I feel kinda bad to request something, but I swear I'm patient and since I fell in love with your writing it had to be you! <3 I'd like to request a Peter Parker imagine and thought of something like this: The reader is a bit older, so she's already done with prom and stuff and it's shortly before *his* prom. He tells the reader that he's afraid to make a fool of himself, because he can't dance. The reader than teaches him a few steps and they end up kissing. :)"

Peter knocked on the door three times, his knocks getting louder each time as he grew more and more anxious. He had asked the question in the mirror a thousand times, but he was still nervous and embarrassed.

"Oh, hey, Peter." Y/N smiled, opening the door to reveal the anxious boy.

Peter let out a breath as he looked at you, feeling his nerves settle as you gazed back at him, a smile on your face.

You may have been a year or two older than Peter, who was now eighteen, but he couldn't deny that he had a crush on you.

"Earth to Peter." You said softly, causing the boy to shake his head and look at you. "I asked you what was up twice."

"Oh, I- uh, have to go to prom soon and I was wondering if you'd maybe teach me how to dance?" Peter stammered. "I just don't want to make a fool of myself cause I don't know how to dance."

"Aw, Peter." You said, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Come on in. I can teach you how to dance."

"Thanks, Y/N." Peter replied, walking into the apartment as you shut the door behind him.

"It's no problem, Peter. Dylan won't be home for a few hours, so we won't have to worry about bothering him." You explained, talking about your roommate as you arranged the items in your living room to make room for you to dance.

Peter helped you move the furniture around as he spoke. "I was going to just stand in the corner and drink juice, but then I remembered what you said about prom being more fun if you put yourself out there."

"It is a hell of a lot more fun if you know how to woo your date and just hang out with friends."

"I-I actually don't have a date to prom?'' Peter's statement came out more like a question.

"You don't have a date to prom?" You asked, your jaw dropped.

Peter rubbed the back of his neck. "No, I don't."

"Okay. First, we'll deal with the dancing situation and then we'll find you a date." You said, taking Peter's hand in yours as you guided him onto your makeshift dance floor.

Peter nodded, blushing lightly as he followed you. He let you guide his hands in the correct spots as he lost himself in his train of thought.

"Peter?"

"Huh?"

"Follow my lead, silly." You giggled, starting to lead him in the right steps. "One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four." You counted. "You're doing okay so far. Are you sure you don't know how to dance and this isn't a ploy to hang out with me?"

Peter chuckled as a light blush dusted his cheeks.

"Don't worry, Petey, I'm just messing with you." You said softly before Peter let out a sigh of relief.

He gazed down at your feet as you two continued to dance before looking back up at you. He studied how your face looked, his eyes flickering from yours to your lips, making you think you imagined it.

"Do you want to take a break?" You asked.

"No, thanks. I think I'm getting the hang of this."

"Oh good. That's great. You'll be dancing with the prettiest girl at prom in no time." You smiled.

That was when you saw something in Peter's eyes that you never thought you'd see. There was a fire in his eyes and you knew how you felt for him could materialize in his.

And you thought; Damn, the feelings I have for you I am not sorry for.

Peter couldn't figure out what was in your eyes the moment he found himself lost in them. He couldn't describe it, but he felt the urge to do something, anything to break the tension he felt.

"You have really pretty eyes." Peter spoke softly, his voice barely above a whisper.

You blushed as you found yourself not being able to say anything as you looked into his eyes.

He gazed back at you before leaning in, his lips brushing against yours before both of your eyes closed and your lips melted into one another.

You kissed back and moved your hands from behind him to his face as you pulled his face closer to yours. You pulled away before your breath hitched and you rested your forehead on Peter's.

"Do you want to go to prom with me?" He asked softly.

You smiled and pecked his lips.

"I would love to."