] nightmares [

Summary:

Imagine comforting your boyfriend Loki after he has a nightmare.

Loki woke up from his sleep drenched in sweat and his heart beating loudly. Nightmare, just a nightmare, he told himself. He groped around in the dark to find his glass of water. Empty. He frowned, annoyed. He rolled over to you, but instead found just sheets and pillows. Frowning even more, he grabbed the empty glass and got out of bed.

Making his way down, he heard a voice coming from the kitchen.

"But one of these things is not like the others"

He crept closer.

"Like a rainbow with all of the colors"

It sounded like singing.

"Baby doll, when it comes to a lover"

(Y/n), he thought. It was you, singing in the kitchen in the middle of the night.

"I promise that you'll never find another like me-e-e"

Loki smiled when he saw you. You were wearing nothing but his shirt, and you were dancing around the kitchen and singing to yourself and baking. In the middle of the night. Loki's smile grew wider and he felt himself fall in love with you all over again.

"Loki!" You said, finally noticing him. "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"I could ask you the same question." He replied pouring water in his glass and sitting down.

"I couldn't sleep." You said and sat down with him.

"So you decided to come and bake?"

"And what are you doing? Trying to see what I do when I think I'm alone?"

He took a sip from his glass. "Nightmare" he said.

Concerned, you moved from your chair to his lap, running your hand in his hair lovingly, "you wanna talk about it?" You asked softly.

"Not really." Loki muttered, "besides, seeing you dancing around in my shirt cheered me up, really." He added with a sly grin. "I'm sure seeing you out of it would make me forget all about the nightmare." His hand wandered up inside your shirt, to the small of your back.

You gave him a grin of your own as you pulled him close for a passionate kiss.