] let it go [

Pairing: Oliver Queen x Reader

Request: "could u do an Oliver x reader imagine where oliverbis madly in love with he reader.. but he cheats on her. the reader doesn't put up with his crap and dumps him. because she is independent and don't need a man... and u can do the rest to it... make the makeup or not, it's up to u hahaha."

Word count: 1.392

A/N: Hiii! Sorry if I took so long to post this, I had no idea on how to write the story line, but I did my best. Hope you like it and please send me some feedbacks. Thank you so much.

- G. x

"Oliver," You absent-mindedly looked at Ollie. "sorry but we're through."

Those were the last words you've said to Oliver and several weeks have passed. You loved him so much, but you didn't think that you deserved to be cheated on. As the matter of fact, no one deserves to be cheated on, no one in this cruel world.

Oliver Jonas Queen is known as the Mayor of Star City, but you knew many more information about him. He was a billionaire and, thanks to his uncountable dollars, he had the power to change girls every night. Do you see what does money can do? We all know, right?

Oliver, called Ollie by his close friends, has been a playboy for several years, but little did we know that love can make him change from bad to good. No one believed that he could change himself, neither Oliver himself believed it, until you arrived in his life.

He was head over heels in love with you and nobody ever made his heart beat like you did. Oliver can appear feisty, bossy and peevish, but he loved you so much and he never showed his negative side again when you both started dating.

People said to you that if a boy is really in love with a girl, he would do everything for her, no matter how much it would cost him. He would change himself if he needed to, he would stop doing his bad habits for his loved one and you thought that Oliver loved you so much to change himself, from worse to better.

You appreciated his effort, in fact, you loved how he took care of you whenever you were sick or feeling bad, you loved how he treated you great, you loved how he changed for you, you loved how he defended you from the bad guys, you loved how you both made love in these six months that you've been together. Long story short, you loved him so much and he reciprocated your feelings.

"(Y/N)?" Oliver whispered, trying to waking you up gently in the middle of the night, he just arrived home from work and he wanted to warn you that he's arrived. He was caressing your cheek with his thumb to wake you up as he looked at you thinking of how much he loved you, even when you were sleeping, even without make-up, even with your messy tangled hair. He loved you unconditionally.

"Ollie?" You called him, slowly opening your eyes and seeing Oliver's silhouette through the dark. You felt muzzy from your deep sleep, but you quickly hugged Oliver's muscular body, he's been working out for awhile now and you thought that it was sexy.

"Sorry for waking you up, baby." He bit his lip, waiting for your reply. You shook your head while smiling, he surely was able to see your silhouette too, thanks to the little moonlight penetrating your big transparent window. "I had too many files to review in the office."

"It's okay, love." You smiled, thankful that he has informed you about it. He felt relieved when he saw that you weren't angry and he started to plant soft kisses on your shoulder.

"I love you so much." He sweetly whispered. The room was quiet and you heard perfectly what he has said, your heartbeats could be heard easily too.

"I love you too, Ollie." He wrapped his arms around your waist and he pulled you closer to his warm body. You both leant in to share a warm and a full of love passionate kiss.

The kiss last for a couple of minutes and only the two of you knew what happened next.

Those scenes were your favourite moments with Oliver, but, as the months have passed, he started being cold to you, he stopped waking you up to warn you that he has arrived, instead he would just plop himself in the bed and tuck himself under the warm blankets. Unbeknownst to him, you were still awake, waiting for him to arrive home, so you could sleep peacefully.

These scenes didn't happen just once or twice, but many times, and you wished that it was just a nightmare, a really really bad nightmare. But it wasn't, so you started to become suspicious with his actions and your thoughts kept you from sleeping tranquilly at night. You didn't want to think anything bad on Oliver's actions, because you trusted him, but you couldn't just help yourself but to worry.

You kept questioning yourself about his actions, until one day. You've gotten the answer that you've been waiting for after a long time: you caught Oliver kissing some random girl in his office.

"(Y/N)!?" Oliver pushed harshly the brunette girl away because of shock. It was clear to you what he was doing and it hurt you, it felt like you've been shot with an arrow in your heart.

"Sorry, I didn't want to." You weakly said, trying to stop your body from shaking. You grabbed the door knob as you were about to leave.

"No, wait." Oliver rushed in to you. He had a sad expression on his face. "I didn't mean to, I am sorry."

"Since when?" You bravely asked him, even though you knew that the answer would hurt you so much.

"I have no idea, but surely for awhile now." He honestly answered. You looked at the floor and you fidgeted with your sweater's sleeves, leaving the door knob.

"Oh." You nodded, still looking at the ground. You were hurt, of course, who wouldn't? You loved him and he was important to you.

"(Y/N), I am really sorry." He gently grabbed your wrist, but you snatched it away from his grip. The girl behind Oliver finally understood that she wasn't invited to hear your conversation with Ollie and she decided to get out of the room.

"I am hurt, Oliver." You looked at him, your eyes were almost watery. "What have I done? Or what haven't I done? Wasn't I enough for you? You know that I wasn't perfect, but you made me feel as if I was one, you made me believe that I was enough for you."

"(Y/N)." He didn't know how to answer you because he knew that he had no reasons to defend himself.

"Oliver, I thought you changed for me, but I knew it. I am not that worth to change for, I am not that worth it." You bit the inside of your mouth and you stopped yourself from crying.

"I am sorry, (Y/N)." Oliver apologized. "I really loved you, babe. I honestly did. You are important for me, you made me happy, you were perfect to me." He explained.

"Then why do I have to catch you kissing a girl in your office? You got tired of me?" You needed answers, because you were so confused of everything that had happened.

"I-I..." Oliver was speechless, he didn't know how to give you the answers you needed to hear.

"Oliver," You absent-mindedly looked at Ollie. "sorry but we're through." It was a hard decision to make, but you thought that it would be the best thing for the both of you. You then started running away from him, getting out of his office, even though you didn't know where you were heading. You ran away, while having a blurred vision caused by the tears accumulated in your eyes.

You broke up with Oliver few weeks ago, but his memories were still alive. You knew that he loved you, because he tried to win you back. He tried to contact you, he tried to give his sincere apologies, he tried everything just to win you back.

But you, you little (Y/N)! You knew that you were an independent woman. You were strong enough to live on your own and you are smart enough to know how to have a scrap of dignity for yourself.

You loved Oliver and he loved you back, but not enough to keep himself from cheating on you.

You loved him, but you also loved yourself.

You gave your heart to a man who loved you, who wanted to be you, who ultimately was afraid of all you offered and you knew that it was time to let it go. You just needed to let him go.