] Tickleish [

Mornings at their house were usually sleepy and calm, with Bucky awakening just before dawn and Y/N awakening soon after, basking in each other's warmth and watching as the sunrise shone through the thin curtains.

Today she was somehow awake before he was. She hadn't went to bed any earlier than she usually did, but something in her internal clock told her that she had to be awake now, and there was no chance of going back to sleep. She groaned, turning over to look up at the ceiling. She threw an arm over her eyes, frowning, but when the position proved itself to be uncomfortable to her she abandoned it entirely. Normally she awoke to Bucky sliding his arm under hers and drawing her closer to him, his lips soft on her hair, her ears, her neck, or whatever else he could get them on.

Bucky wasn't facing her right now, instead facing the other wall and snoring softly. He'd never been a loud snorer-she thanked God for that every day-and his snoring had always been sort of cute to her. He was usually on high alert when he was awake, even on a good day, so when he was snoring, she knew he was deeply asleep and at peace for once. Y/N snuggled up to him, returning the favor he usually did for her and sliding her arm around his waist, the cool metal of his left arm brushing against hers. She pressed her lips to his hair, then slid them down to his ear, then to his neck, pressing gentle kisses to the skin there and breathing in the rich scent of his shampoo.

"Morning, baby," she heard him mumble, his voice still thick with sleep. He squeezed her hand before reaching out to stretch, groaning softly. He yawned and closed his eyes again, cuddling against her and feeling safe.

Y/N's fingers splayed out across his abdomen, drumming them across. She had been lost in thought until Bucky suddenly drew in a breath and arched his back a little against you.
"Bucky? Are you okay?" Y/N asked worriedly, sitting up to look at him properly. She had her hand on his shoulder now, beginning to stress about her husband.

"I'm okay," Bucky reassured her. "I'm just..."

"What's wrong?" Y/N pressed, her eyebrows furrowing. Bucky hated to see her eyes so full of concern like that. However, Y/N tended to worry so much over him that it made him feel like sewer trash. She didn't deserve to worry like that, but it still happened.

He didn't respond and instead sat up and leaned against the headboard of their bed, protecting his stomach with his arms.

"Are you hurt?" She was getting more persistent.

"No, darling." In truth, he just didn't want Y/N to find out his weakness-she knew everything about him and could read him like a book, which was one of his favorite things about her, but there was one thing that she didn't know that he had covered up by being the big spoon whenever they held each other in bed.

Y/N glanced down at his arms, which were folded across his stomach.

Realization crossed her face, and a wide smile graced her lips. Her eyes danced with mischief that made Bucky's heart leap-as if he could love Y/N anymore, but somehow she made him fall in love with her all over again every single day.

"James Buchanan Barnes, are you ticklish?"

Bucky gulped, shaking his head adamantly.

Y/N crawled closer to him. Bucky curled his knees up towards his chest, shielding himself. A deep, pink blush was dancing up to the tips of his ears. He fought the smile that threatened to curl the corners of his lips, not wanting to give his one downfall away. He had many, but this one was the one he worried about the least. That being said, the way his wife was looking at him right now made him curl up tighter.

"I think you're lying," you said, grinning like a sly fox.

"I'm not lying." Bucky avoided eye contact, which was a mistake, because every time he was lying, he never made eye contact with you.

"I think you are!" Y/N singsonged. She made a grab for Bucky, but he gently pushed her away.

"You'll only do it once, doll." His voice was low and husky, which only egged her on even more. He cocked an eyebrow, silently daring her to go any farther. "I'll always win."

"What, are you scared of the tickle monster?" Y/N cooed, unfazed.

"No-"

It was too late. Y/N pounced on Bucky, making him yelp in surprise. With a strength he'd never seen from her before, Y/N crawled over his knees and pried his arms loose from his stomach, tickling him with a fury akin to a madman.

"No! Stop!" Bucky shrieked, making a noise that was somewhere between a yell and laughter.

"Never!" Y/N replied, giggling.

Bucky's limbs felt like jello. He was laughing so hard that he could scarcely pick his arms up to lift her off of him. Her fingers traveled everywhere, somehow finding his worst spots even though she'd only just found out he was this ticklish. How was she this good? He had managed to keep this from her for the couple of years they had been married (and the even longer amount of time they had been together) but now, it was as if she had known all along.

"Baby, I'm serious," Bucky begged, fighting to get Y/N off. However, she only dodged his hands and tickled him even faster, making him yelp and laugh. Tears were gathering at the corners of his eyes, and he struggled to breathe. Bucky couldn't remember the last time he'd laughed that hard. It had been over half a century, if he was doing the math right. It felt foreign. Foreign, but refreshing.

Bucky grabbed her arms finally and, in one swift move, flipped her onto the bed underneath him, breathing heavily. He pinned Y/N to the bed as she were still laughing, looking deeply into her beautiful eyes.

Y/N finally settled down, breathing hard and looking just as deeply into Bucky's own eyes. Her smile faded into a smirk.

"Hey, baby," she purred. Bucky rolled his eyes, but he hurriedly put his mouth on hers, pressing himself as close to her as he could. She smelled so good, even this early in the morning. Her lips were so soft, softer than anything Bucky had ever felt, so naturally, he couldn't get enough of kissing her. It was his favorite thing to do.

Before either of them knew it, Bucky's lips were anywhere he could get them-her cheek, her neck, her lips, anywhere really. She entangled her fingers in his hair, tugging on it a little. Bucky moaned into her mouth, closing his eyes.Bucky pulled away once they were both breathless, smirking.

He leaned down to Y/N's ear, his smile akin to yours just before you had begun to tickle him.

She leaned her skin up to his lips, expecting him to plant his lips there. Her fingers dug gently into his back, needy and loving and soft.

Instead, Bucky went to her ear. "I told you I'll always win, doll," he whispered.

With that, he began to tickle her furiously, making her scream and laugh all at the same time.