] Love, Wakanda [

T'challa x Reader

Requested: yep

A/N: you guys, i honestly don't know who to love the most. T'challa or m'baku? Chadwick or winston? Probably Ryan Coogler though. The man is a genius

—————

Tony sent you to Wakanda.

The reason why didn't matter since you volunteered wholeheartedly.

Ever since the world found out about the truth, you have gotten obsessed with the great nation of Wakanda. You researched and studied what you can find about the place and whatever was accessible to you. Tony wasn't that thrilled about it since in an inventors point of view, Wakanda was competition. And if there's one thing that your brother truly despises, it's losing. Losing bad and in such a short time, too.

So there you were, along with a few ambassadors from other countries, visiting Wakanda for the first time.

You had a smile on your face ever since you got on one of their jets which Tony even asked you to hack into it knowing you can do it with ease. You refused, of course. The country was kind enough to have you as a guest and you wouldn't even dare think about doing anything that would disrespect them.

When you arrived in the castle, you were led to your respective rooms and was given your itinerary for the diplomatic visits. You couldn't control yourself. You had to go out and see Wakanda.

So you snuck out of your room and wandered through the halls of the castle. And you would have done so quietly too if it weren't for your phone ringing while you were looking out the balcony.

"What do you want, Tony?" you answered it.

"Heya, sis. How's your vacation? Hey, listen, I packed a flashdrive in one of your bags and it would be so wonderful if you plug that into whatever computer you can find there. They're just photos of cats. I promise."

"Forget it, Tony. I'm not doing it." you rolled your eyes as you walked back, making your way to your room.

"Come on, he wouldn't mind. We're good." your brother kept pleading.

"No. The King wouldn't like it."

"Oh what do you know? You've never met the guy."

"I will. At dinner. Everyone will be there."

"This conversation is boring now. Good bye, useless."

You chuckled, shutting down your phone so he won't be bothering you anymore for the rest of the night.

When everyone arrived at dinner in the great hall, two of the Dora Milaje approached you.

"The king wishes to speak with you, Miss Stark." one of them said. You nodded and followed them out, leading you to the balcony where a man in Wakandan formal clothing was standing.

You bowed, grateful that it gave you enough time to at least calm yourself down and hide your blush. You've seen photos of T'challa but they didn't even come close to capturing his regality and his....attractiveness.

"Your majesty." you said, albeit a little shy of voice.

"Please. Stark is an ally. You can call me T'challa, Miss Y/N." he said, sending the female warriors away, leaving the two of you alone.

"Then call me Y/N." you smiled, stepping forward. The African warmth was great outside that you didn't even feel the slightest bit of cold even when you were wearing a sleeveless dark blue dress.

"Y/N." he smiled down at you. "You must forgive me for bringing you out here before dinner."

You shook your head. "No, no. It's quite alright."

"Your brother is not a very subtle man, I must say." The king spoke, "I have to admit, I thought he sent you here to be a spy but you refused. Quite a lot, too."

You looked at him, a little bit surprised that he knew about Tony's intents. But you shouldn't have, really, since you were among one of the most secure places on Earth.

"You were listening." you said, smiling in defeat. "Believe me. I'm just here because of Wakanda. You have no idea how much I have always wanted to see the real thing."

"And is it everything you hoped?" he asked.

"Yes. And more."

"Then you must allow me to accompany you tomorrow on a tour."

"Oh I couldn't possibly...I mean, you must be busy, I..."

"Nonsense. Wakanda is strong enough to handle itself in the absence of it's king. For it is the people that holds the nation's strength, not me."

You smiled, "Did you rehearse that...or?"

"My mother said the same thing a while ago and I just wanted to use it in our conversation." T'challa chuckled.

You smiled. Little did you know that you'd be spending the rest of your life ruling beside him as queen of the country you once admired from afar.