] i understand [

Requested: yeas

A/N: i planned on writing a bit more but I decided to just cut it off since i know im gonna be off prompt. but yeah. Sorry it took a while. You guys know why

—————

You stood outside of the double doors that led to the throne room. No doubt the council was inside discussing important nation matters with the King. Glancing at your watch, you counted down how many more minutes until it ends. Before you know it, two of the Dora Milaje warriors opened the doors and let the council members out one by one. Okoye was the last one to get out, giving you a curt nod and a small smile before leaving the door open for you.

"He's all yours, Y/N." she said.

You smiled at her, thanking Okoye before walking in, closing the door behind you. You found T'challa standing beside his throne, looking out into the massive window behind it.

It seemed like he didn't hear you come in. You walked up to where he was and wrapped your hands around his waist, pressing your cheek to his broad back. "My King." you whispered sweetly.

You felt him chuckle a bit as his hands snaked up to hold yours, pulling them away from him but turning his body to face you instead. He smiled warmly, pressing a soft kiss to your forehead. "Hello, my love."

"D'you have time?" you asked, sweetly.

He chuckled, "All for you."

The both of you just stood there in the middle of the throne room, unmoving and holding each other tight. Being with T'challa is enough for you. You pressed your cheek against his chest and sighed contently while his arms wrapped around you. Having the comfortable silence between you two when you're together was more than what you wanted. He was king now and the two of you scarcely have time for anything else.

Unfortunately the door opened and in came W'kabi and M'baku.

"Pardon us, your Majesties." W'kabi immediately bowed upon seeing the two of you.

You pulled away from your husband and smiled softly up at him. He looked at you almost apologetically and as if reading his mind, you nodded, letting him know you understand.

T'challa turned to the two while you walked out of the throne room, not showing how disappointed you were.

***

"Alright. Plans are final then." You said, on the phone with Pepper Potts, confirming an allegiance of Wakanda to the Avengers Initiative. The matter of diplomacy from the outside world fell onto you as Queen since you yourself are an outsider. You didn't mind and neither did Wakanda. The throne and the people trusts you enough to know what's best for the nation's involvement with the reat of the world.

When you hung up the phone, T'challa came in your office and walked over to you. "You need to rest." He said, pulling you to him as he sat on your desk, his arms keeping you in front of him.

You smiled, giving him a quick kiss. "And you do, too. I miss you. Why am I missing you when you're already in the same place as me?"

He chuckled softly. "I know what you mean, my love. Being King and Queen does have its downsides."

You were about to lean in for a longer kiss this time when suddenly your kimoyo beads beeped and Shuri's image projected onto a hologram.

"Y/N. I need you at the lab for the medical supplies that will be distributed tomorrow." She said.

"Now?" You looked at her then up at T'challa, who just closed his eyes and smiled.

"Go." He whispered. "She won't stop calling if you don't."

"I heard that, brother. I'm not deaf." Shuri replied back, knowing T'challa was in front of you, too.

"Okay. I'll be there in a bit." You said before ending the call. You then hugged T'challa tight, feeling him chuckle as you did. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, Y/N." He smiled, holding your hand and pressing a kiss to it before watching you leave your office.

He was disappointed. But he wasn't angry. No.

He knew that there is always the night. The only time no one can interrupt them.