] left behind [

Pairing: Pepper Potts saves Peter Parker
Warning: None
Summary: Tony leaves Peter behind in Germany after Civil War on accident and Peter has to call Pepper for help.
Author: Dizzy
A/N: This short little fic was inspired by post.

Peter sighed as he sat in the airport, dangling his feet over the edge of the ledge as he waited for Pepper to retrieve him from Germany.

Tony, being the ass he is, had forgotten Peter like a father loses his son at the gas station. Peter, luckily, was able to call Ms. Pepper Potts to come get him from the airport.

"Peter?! Spider-Man?!" Pepper's voice echoed as she walked through the rubble in search for the boy in the red suit. "Peter, honey, where are you?! We have to go!"

"Coming!" Peter exclaimed, shooting a web out in front of him so that he could swing down to the ground.

Landing in front of Pepper, he took off his mask and smiled at her. "Thank you for coming and getting me, Ms. Potts." The boy said shyly, looking down at his feet.

"It's quite alright, Peter. I apologize for Tony's behavior and actions in leaving you in Germany."

Peter looked up at her as she led him out of the building. "I assume you have to apologize on his behalf often."

"You know it." She followed him into the plane that was waiting for them and sat down across from the boy as her phone rang. "I have to take this. Give me one minute."

Peter nodded and looked at his surroundings. He probably never would have found himself in such a luxurious plane if he hadn't met Mr. Stark. He also wasn't very mad he was left behind. He knew it was an accident, but he couldn't help but feel embarrassed for having been left.

"No, Tony, you left him. You didn't even think about it, did you? I'm with him now and we'll be in town soon. We are having a talk about this when I get home. What do you mean 'why'?! You left a poor boy in Germany alone! I'm hanging up now. Bye, Tony." Pepper slammed her finger against her phone and turned her frown upside-down.

"Is everything okay? I hope I didn't cause any trouble for you and Mr. Stark."

"No, no, Mr. Stark caused trouble. There are clothes for you to wear under your seat. I couldn't find a shirt that would fit you, so I gave you an old one I found. I hope it's no problem."

Peter pulled the clothes out from under his seat and examined his shirt, with its graphic design that seemed to suit Peter's personality all too much. He looked up, grateful.

"Thank you. For everything."

"You're welcome, Peter." She smiled. "You can get dressed and then get some rest, we won't be home for a little while."