] please u [

prompt ↬ when t'challa is down from loosing a fight, you have to reassure him.

warnings ↬ smut, sub!t'challa, praise kink (the kitty has one hhh)

He was distracted the whole day. Many things were on his mind and you didn't know why he was thinking so much. You tried to comfort him, try to get him to calm down before the fight started but it obviously did not work.

His mind is clouded when he steps out onto the mat of his training room in the kingdom—you and Okoye being the only ones watching. She notices her King is acting strange just by the way he moves and stands, waiting for his opponent.

"Is the King alright?" she whispers to you, hands folded in her lap.

You don't know how to answer her, so you just shrug. "I think something is on his mind. He's been acting off all day."

She huffs. "He better get his head in the game... he never fights as well as he can when he is bothered by something."

You nod in agreement, because it's true. He works best—anyone does—when putting their full attention to a task. The fighter he's going up against is a trained warrior, one you've seen fight before and if T'Challa looses to him... you don't even know how you would comprehend it.

It's a new move that he's learning, but your King has already mastered it. Though, if he doesn't pay attention to everything he's doing, it won't go well. You can only hope for the best.

Watching the fight, he seems to be fighting well, but there's still an air of worry on your shoulders. He's loosing concentration with every second. You can see it, Okoye can see it. You don't want your love to get hurt, but it's not in your place to speak up for the fight to stop.

The warrior, however, gives it his all. You can see the way he takes control of the fight and every time you lock eyes with T'Challa, yours are a look of concern.

He tries it. He tries the move he's been practicing on for weeks, one that he was so proud of mastering, one that he showed you everyday just for you to kiss him and dote on him. His form is beautiful when he starts it, but his attention is not where it should be.

A look of embarrassment washes over his face as the warrior pins him down and shouts in joy at winning against his King. Your heart sinks and you stand up right after Okoye, quickly heading over to the two in the middle of the room.

"Good job warrior." she says to the male and he stands up, bowing to her. She gives you a look as the two exit, leaving you and T'Challa alone.

"T'Challa, honey," you start but he gets up to walk right past you. You know he's disappointed in himself for loosing in front of someone so close to him, especially because of a move he's tried his all to master. You sigh as you follow after his form which is speed-walking upstairs and towards his chambers, shoulders dropped.

"My love," you approach him once more when you both enter his large bedroom, shutting the door behind you. You try to resist your smile as he plops down on the bed, bottom lip poked out in a pout. Even when he's upset, he's the cutest thing you've ever seen.

"My love, do not be upset." you whisper to him as you slowly sit down next to him, your hands sliding over his shoulders. "It was just a fight."

"I practiced that move for weeks, Y/N. Weeks... yet I failed it. In front of you."

You press your lips together, hands still running over his shoulders through the thin fabric of his shirt. "You were just distracted, baby, that's all. I know you've got it down."

"Still," he frowned, eyebrows pinching together. "I am... very disappointed in myself."

You sighed. You didn't exactly know how to raise his spirits, but you could tell that your touch was slowly calming him down. You ran down your nails down his arm and he shivered, leaning against you.