] you abandoned me. 1 [

(A/N: So this is my first post on here and of course it's going to be a Marvel imagine but it will be split into more parts I don't know how many exactly. This is following after Civil War though it won't stick to the whole story; remember it's just fan fiction, anything can happen.)

Summary: Civil War has just ended, Steve is about to disappear with Bucky but doesn't realize how much of a strain this will be on his relationship with (Y/N). But his head doesn't seem to be in the right place, making everything harder than it needs to be.

Meanings:(Y/N)= Your Name (Y/H)= Your height

Characters: (Y/N) x Steve Rogers, Platonic relationship with the rest of the team (especially close to Tony Stark)

Warnings: Arguing

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What do you mean you're leaving? Where will you go?" I sobbed to Steve as he packed his things in a duffle bag.

"I have to do this, he's my best friend." he replied not looking up at me.

After I had been pacing around the living room for hours waiting for Steve, he finally barged through the door to our shared flat. I had heard nothing from him in days; I couldn't assume he was on a mission because he always told me beforehand. However I knew all about the incident with the team and the Sokovia records, they had been split apart because of their different views and I was stuck in the middle. This had to have something to do with it and the fact that no one was answering my calls or text just made that more obvious.

As soon as he had burst through the door I leapt onto him, only receiving half the love back. I caught a glimpse of his bruised and battered face before he rushed towards our bedroom without a word being said. I followed after the super soldier, demanding an explanation. What I wasn't expecting was a brief description of how he was running away with his best friend from the 1940′s who was now....who used to be a HYDRA assassin to save him.

"Your best friend!? What about me, your girlfriend?" I stressed, unpacking the clothes he was stuffing into his bag."How is it that when he turns up out of the blue he gets your full attention but when I start worrying about my boyfriend, all I get is a simple response?"

"He's being tracked down by the government. He's been brainwashed for years, that wasn't him killing those people, it was HYDRA." he glared at me angrily as he tried to grab the clothes out of my hands.

"Steve I know that he is basically family to you but you can't just get up and leave. Let's talk about this." I held them away from him, desperately pleading.

"I don't have any time. I've got to get the others." Steve walked around the bed trying to snatch his clothes back.

I backed away from him."Steve listen to yourself! At least give me a proper explanation, please! This isn't fair, I've stuck by you for so long and now you're just disappearing off somewhere!"

His eyes softened for just a second until he snatched the clothes out of my grip."I've already fought Tony, I'm not fighting with you."

I felt my breath hitch. The way he said it suggested they had literally fought but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. The thought of all of my friends fighting each other pained me, I had seen them throw a punch, they never held back. Who knew what the others were doing or where they were right now?

"Do you know how long you'll be gone for?" my voice suddenly became quieter, scared about the answer.

"No."

"What am I supposed to do? Sit around and wait for you to just randomly show up?"

"I don't know. Find a way to entertain yourself."

This wasn't the man I fell in love with. Steve Rogers, Captain America, was not this rude, selfish and unloving person stood in front of me. My mind couldn't understand it. I knew that he had been through so much this past week; the Sokovia records were dumped on the Avengers which then teared the team apart, Peggy Carter had just died and Bucky Barnes was suddenly a wanted man. I understood that this was a lot for him to take in but how could he push me out of the picture? I was trying to help him. Surely we were supposed to stick together, stand by one another so that we could get through this and come out stronger.

He was heading towards the door until I slammed it shut and stood in front of it, trying to act as a barricade. We both knew he could easily storm through in a matter of seconds. Still, I stood my ground, determined to make him stay or at least get him to talk. He sighed and wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Steve, how long have we been dating?"

"(Y/N), I don't have time-"

"Answer the question!" I raised my voice.

His soldier stance never faltered."Three years."

"Three years! We live together, I train with you, I wait out missions for you, I have been attacked multiple times because of you; yet I'm still here." I took a deep breath before I continued."Now I'm not asking to go with you, I'm not asking you to stay, I just want to know that you'll be safe. You can't just barge in here then leave without telling me what's going on."

"You're wasting time."

"Steve, just-"

Before I could finish my sentence he threw me over his shoulder, dumped me on the bed and ran out of the room. I forced myself to run after him though I couldn't keep up. As I made it to the living room, the front door was already slamming shut. I knew there was no point going after him. A 6'2" super soldier against a (Y/H) normal woman, no explanation needed.

The realization that the love of my life had just left me hit me all of a sudden. A horrible, ugly cry left my mouth as I crumbled onto the floor. Sobs racked my body, it was suddenly becoming hard to breathe. He wouldn't just leave me after that would he? Not after all we had been through? We had never argued, not like this. I wasn't sure if he was ever coming back. The tears that ran down my face smudged my make up, the crying making it hard for me to breathe. It took several attempts to calm myself down, though it was a miracle that I managed to stop crying.

As I recollected myself, I had only just noticed how dark the room had gotten. I had obviously been slumped on the floor for a long time. Pulling myself to my feet, I suddenly had an idea and reached for the phone, holding it in my hands for a couple minutes. The home screen was of Steve and me, a selfie of us on the couch together. I quickly opened the apps, wanting the picture to disappear. My eyes bore into the screen as if it would dial the number itself. Eventually I selected the number, putting the phone up to my ear and praying for an answer. They were answered as the other person picked up the phone.

I suddenly felt nervous, the words rushing out."Tony it's me, (Y/N). Though you already knew that cause of the caller ID and...yeah, um-"

"(Y/N), calm down. What's happened?" Panic was evident in his voice.

"I...I, uh..." I couldn't bring myself to say those words."Steve, he's gone, he got up and left." the tears suddenly flooded back.

He was silent for a minute."Come to the tower, now. Pack a bag, you're staying the night."