] matter of question pt.5 [

Summary:

The Avengers Civil War goes a little bit differently.

More specifically, the battle at the airport goes a little bit differently.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Westchester, New York, 2016
'Captain America, the Winter Soldier, and the Falcon collapsed a tunnel on a major highway during knock-off traffic,' Lennie said as the team selected for this mission strode towards the X-Jet. 'Mostly the former two. When we get there they'll have enlisted Hawkeye and Ant-Man, without really telling either everything that's going on.'

'Rogers is good at that,' Logan remarked.

'Ant-Man?' Peter Rasputin mused. 'Isn't he that idiot that nearly made a black hole in a suburban street?'

'Yup,' Lennie said. 'Good thing I got to Reed in time, huh?'

Jean winced. 'We'd all be dead if you hadn't. Did you call Tony?'

'Yeah.' Lennie chuckled. 'I have never heard a man sound so relieved. He was actually considering bringing in Spider-Man. Luckily, this renders that unnecessary.'

'Why would calling in Spider-Man be as bad as you're making it out to be?' Scott asked.

'Because the kid's fifteen or sixteen,' Lennie said. 'I figure Tony's been pushed to the end of his rope.'

'Some hero Rogers turns out to be,' Scott remarked.

'I never thought he was,' Logan mused, heading into the jet.

'Yeah, me neither.' Lennie followed.

Leipzig, Germany
'I'm trying to stop you from tearing the Avengers apart,' Tony said.

Steve wasn't going to take that. 'You did that when you signed, Tony.'

Tony's eyes flickered to the side. FRIDAY had probably told him something. Tony frowned and huffed. Steve nodded to his team. They had to get past Tony and get to Siberia. The jet was the fastest way to do that. Scott Lang was perched on his shield, waiting. Steve wouldn't make him wait too long.

Pulling his arm back, he let the shield fly. For some reason, Tony just stood there and folded his arms. What was wrong with him? If he didn't move, it'd hit him. Well, maybe it'd teach him not to be so cocky. Tony deserved it after all the stunts he'd pulled.

Steve's shield stopped in midair. Red mist wrapped around it. Steve's confusion quickly cleared. He looked around. There was Wanda Maximoff, hands up and glowing red. Tony had known she was there! How had he managed to trick her into helping him? She hated him.

'Wanda?' he called. 'What are you doing here?'

'Isn't it obvious?' she responded. 'Stopping you bunch of idiots.'

Steve shook his head. 'There's a lot going on here you don't understand, Wanda.'

Wanda smirked. 'Are you forgetting something, Captain? I read minds.' With a wave of her left hand, Scott was sent flying off the shield and returned to full size. Red binds appeared on his wrists and ankles.

'Cap!' Tony sounded inappropriately amused. 'You brought a new friend and you didn't tell us? Rude!'

There was laughter from behind them. The brunette woman from Sokovia - Lennie, he thought they'd called her - stepped between Tony and Natasha. She shook her head and took the shield out of the air. Wanda let go of it, but she didn't let go of Scott. Lennie smirked at Steve. 'You can have this back when you start behaving yourself.'