] Matter of Question [

Summary:

Wanda and Pietro joined HYDRA to kill the man they blamed for their parents' deaths.

They had no idea their real father was still alive.

And he's not going to be happy.

Notes:

Disclaimer: If you recognise it from somewhere else, it isn't mine

'Interesting album, this.'

Wanda and Pietro froze as they came into the apartment where they lived when not working. There was a woman in their home. She was American, from her accent, with long brown hair. She had their old family album - one of the few keepsakes from their parents - open in her lap. Wanda stirred her magic at the ready.

Pietro super-sped over and snatched it out of her hands. 'Give that back!'

'Sure.' She rolled onto her feet. She casually strolled away from them. 'I was just thinking, though...don't you think it odd your parents kept no pictures of you from before you were toddlers?'

Her thoughts screamed of something else though - knowing a perfectly legitimate reason for this. The word "adopted", and her labelling another man and woman as their parents jumped out at Wanda. 'What?' Wanda hissed.

'Just a thought.' She stepped out of the open window...and vanished.

Pietro rushed over and looked out. Air suddenly rushed past him. He looked up and around, puzzled. He pulled back in. 'She's gone.' He looked at his sister. 'What was in her head?'

Wanda told him. It didn't make any sense to her. He became confused as well. This woman's head implied that their own parents had actually adopted them, and that she was the one to find the Maximoffs for this purpose. Pietro opened the album and looked again.

'We could look into it, I suppose...'

'All right. We have a little time.'

Pietro looked at her. 'So what did you do to Stark?'

Wanda smirked.

******

'That was slightly illegal.' Even as he said it, Logan was smirking.

'Slightly?' Scott asked from where he was driving. 'I'm pretty sure breaking and entering is completely illegal.'

'Yes, but they're terrorists.' Lennie leaned back. 'Besides, it was the quickest way to get the message across.'

'What message?' Scott asked.

'The Professor will tell you when we get back. I just need one more quick pit stop.'

The pit stop turned out to be a bar in New York City, where Mystique was stalking about.

Westchester, NY
'Magneto has kids?' Scott demanded.

Storm was startled herself. 'So why are they only coming up now?'

The Professor smiled. 'The children were born in 1990. Erik was told and immediately realised he would not be a suitable father for the children to be exposed to. Their mother fully agreed with this. He did still, however, send childcare payments to the woman.'

'Magneto didn't try to take advantage of having kids?' Scott demanded. 'I thought for sure he'd want to capitalise on the additional powers.'

Logan scoffed. 'Obviously, Slim, he thinks more of his own flesh and blood than he does of every other power set he encounters.'