Draco x reader ~ apologise

Requested by: aesthetiqss

Enjoy!

-

You were studying in the library. The library was your favourite place. The only place where you could be in peace.

You were serverly bullied by Draco Malfoy. This was the only place where you could escape him.

Although this time Draco was watching you from afar. There was no one else in the library at this hour. Draco knew that what he was doing was wrong.

He sighed. He knew he should just leave you alone but he really wanted to talk to you. This was one of the only chances he had.

You looked peaceful, like nothing could bother you. He knew he was just going to ruin that. Why was he overthinking this? You were just.. Y/N. Just you.

Draco approached your tabel. You didn't even notice him. He stopped at the end of your tabel. He coughed to get your attention.

You looked up and looked at him in shock. You immediately packed your book and got up.

'No, please. Stay.' Draco said.

'Not with you.' You spoke with a shaking voice.

'I'm not here to do anything-'

'There is no other possible reason for you to be talking to me.'

Draco hated to see what he had caused. He never knew it would have such a big impact on you. He never meant for this to happen.. he had no choice.

You both just stood there. You were too insecure too move. You felt embarrassed every time be bullied you in public. There was almost no one here, that made it less embarrassing. You didn't want to make a scene by having him follow you.

'I just came to apologise.' He said.

You looked at him in disbelieve.

'Is this some stupid joke? Because if it is you can stop.'

Draco sighed and sat down at the tabel. You kept looking at him. Preparing yourself for what he could do to you.

'I'm serious. Will you please sit down?'

You looked at him. You didn't trust it but there was a sincere look in his eyes. You slowly moved the chair back and took a seat, refusing to move the chair back so you could make a quick get away.

'Listen, I dont expect you to forgive me or understand me. What Ive done is horrible. I know.. but I just wanted to explain myself.'

'Give me one good reason, one good reason as to why I should listen to you.'

'You always ask me why. Im here to tell you right now.'

It was true. You never did anything to Draco. Never spoke to him. He just decided to be mean. From one day to the other. Ever since first year.

'My father and your parents went to Hogwarts together. They used to be enemies, my father still hates your parents guts.'

'I'm not them though.' You said.

You had no idea what that had to do with anything.

'I know but.. my father is a really controlling factor in my life. He is always watching my every move, making my every decision. He always tells me what to do and I gotta do it. I don't want to be punished.'

You had never seen this side of Draco. This genuine side. This vulnerable side. It showed you that he was being legit. That he actually wanted to apologise.

'He still holds a grudge against your parents so when he found out you were in the same year as me he told me to be as mean as possible to you. I never got why but my father doesn't get the word no. I had to and every day I feel horrible doing it. I really do, I know you fight find that hard to believe but.. especially now im getting older I see the severity of my actions.'

You didn't speak. You just sat there looking at him.

'I cant stop doing what I do but.. I can at least apologise for it and hope that you can feel better.. because I know how much I can hurt you.'

You put your book back onto the tabel. You got up and walked over to him. Draco got up too. He had no idea what you were gonna do.

'Only if you go less hard on me and you only do it on days you know your dad is keep an eye on you.'

You swore you saw Draco smile. He shook his head.

'Deal. Alright. I'm really sorry though.'

'Yeah you've made that clear.'