James Sirius Potter x reader ~ best friend

Requested by: aleni2

Enjoy

-

'He's going to notice if you keep doing that.'

You looked at your friend, Jenna. She was always keeping an eye on you and James. It was getting annoying.

'Im not doing anything.'

'Youre staring. He is your best friend you know. You can just talk to him.'

She was the only one who knew you liked him. James could definitely never know. No one else could ever know. They might tell him. That would be bad.

'I will later.' You sighed.

'You should tell him.'

'Hell no.'

James looked passed that person he was talking to and passed you a smile. You smiled back at him as your cheeks shot red.

'Ill tell him for you?'

'Definitely not.' You hissed. 'You promised to keep it a secret.'

That was true. She did promise that. Little did you know James liked you back. He was just too afraid to ruin his friendship with you.

Although Jenna could see there was something between you two. You were always flirting and near each other.

'Youre keeping your mouth shut, got it?'

'Loud and clear.'

-

That evening, Jenna took matters into her own hands. She couldnt tell him in person but maybe if he thought it was from you?

Jenna was down in the common room. She had this plan worked out. She was going to write a note, pretending it was you and she was going to give it to James. Your handwriting was pretty similar.

Hi James,

There has been something I didnt dare to tell you in person. Thats why I asked Jenna to deliver this small note for me.

I really like you.. as in, more than what we are now. I hope your feelings are mutual and if they arent we can of course, still be best friends.

Love,
Y/N.

Jenna smiled as she was sure that this plan was going to work. It was time you two cleared the air and went on a date.

The following day Jenna gave James the note. James was overjoyed. He started looking for you right away.

'Hey Y/N!'

You turned around and smiled as soon as you saw him. You were always happy to see him. He seemed.. different? Even happier than usual.

'I got your note.'

Note? You didnt remember writing a note to him. You looked at him in confusion. You never gave him anything. This was weird.

'Note?' You asked.

'Yeah! Jenna gave it to me.'

Jenna?! What did she do? You immediately started to worry. You asked her to keep her mouth shut. Why did she do this!? What did she tell him!

James handed you the note. You read it. You already saw it was from Jenna. This sucked. She told him everything, pretending to be you!

'I am so sorry James. She wrote this. Not me!' You said right away. 'She was never supposed to tell you this! She is ruining our friendship! Thats why I never dared to tell you! I-'

'Y/N, calm down.' James smiled. 'I like you too. I never told you for the same reasons.'

You looked at him. Your face was turning extreemly red.

'Ill take you out tomorrow. Ill be there at 5. You better be ready.' He smiled.