Albus Potter x reader ~ best friend

Requested by: RainbowNekoPL

Enjoy!

-

'I'm so excited!' You squeaked while making your way outside. 'I havent seen him in soooo long!'

You almost started running. Your old friend was coming to Hogwarts today and it made you very excited. You hadnt seen him a good 3 years.

Albus was with you to greet him. You always got so excited while talking about him. It worried albus a little. He was your best friend.

'Y/N!' Albus heard.

'Y/Bff/N (your best friends name, male. If you dont have a male bff make up a name or just use Carl)!' You smiled while running over to him.

Albus watched you as you hugged him tightly. You heard your friend laugh and he hugged you back tightly.

'You've grown so much!' You grinned.

'Yeah, so have you.' He laughed.

You let him go. Albus had never seen you this excited in his life.

'Y/Bff/N, this is Albus!' You smiled.

'Nice to meet you.' Albus smiled while shaking his hand.

He watched you as you clung onto him. You just really missed your best friend. He went to a different wizarding school and he'd only visit you for like a week. He even moved away to go to that school.

You wrote each other every week and kept in touch that way. There was nothing between you two, you couldnt remember not being friends with him.

'Y/N has written me about you. Glad she has a friend here. Especially now I cant be here for her.'

'Ahw Y/Bff/N! You're always there for me. Maybe not physically but your letters really help me.'

Albus smile faded a little while your best friend laughed and hugged you. For some season Albus felt really uncomfortable around him.

'Let's go Y/Bff/N!'

You grabbed his arm and took him inside. Albus just watched as you two disappeared.

-

'You look upset.'

Albus looked up. Your best friend had been around for 2 days no and Ablus hardly spoke to you. It upset him. He felt replaced by someone who was never there for you.

James (James Sirius Potter) sat down besides him. As brothers he always knew when something was up.

'What's up?' He asked.

Albus looked away from him. He didnt know if he should discuss this. He didnt even know why he was so upset about it.

'Have you seen Y/N recently?'

'You mean Y/N and that one guy? No one even knows who he is. We can all hardly talk to her.'

Albus sighed.

'Its her best friend. His name is Y/Bff/N.. he doesnt even go to Hogwarts. He moved away ages ago. She hasnt seen him in three years.' Albus explained.

Albus started playing with the grass he was sitting on.

'He showed up here 2 days ago. Ever since she wont talk to me.. she wont even hang out with me. It's like I mean nothing to her. I thought we were best friends.'

'Maybe she just missed him a lot. I heard she doesnt have a lot of time to spend with him.'

Albus looked at James. Something about him did really bother Albus and james just didnt understand what it was.

'Albus just tell me what's up.'

'All they do is write every week. Who was there for her when she was crying after her grandma passed away? Me. Who was there when she was angry at her potion teacher because he gave her detention which she didnt deserve? Me. Who helped her resolve that situation? Me. Who was there when she got an O for her first test and she was super happy? Me.'

James slowly started to realise what was going on. He saw the frustration in Albus' eyes.

'Now this guy comes around. He hasnt been there the last couple of years. He hasnt helped her through anything! Yet she praises him like a god and pushes me aside. Do I mean that little to her?!'

He was jealous. Albus didnt realise it but he was jealous.

'Have you tried talking to her about it?'

'She wont talk to me.'

James grabbed his arm and pulled him up. He dragged albus inside and started looking for you. You were just standing in the hallway talking to your best friend.

'Y/N!' James yelled.

You turned your head and smiled.

'Hi guys. What's up?'

James let Albus go. He just looked at you. You smiled sweetly at him, unaware of what you had been doing to him.

'Nothing.' Albus said while walking away.

James sighed.

'Albus!' He yelled.

Albus just kept walking. He wouldnt come back. James looked at you.

'What's up with him?' You asked.

'Have you talked to him at all the past few days?' James asked.

'Yeah I talked to him back... wait no that was Y/Bff/N..'

You started thinking. Last time you spoke to him was when you picked up your best friend. You hadnt really thought about Albus that much.

'No..' you said. 'But he understand! He knows how much I need this time with Y/Bff/N.'

'Y/N.. he really doesn't. This guy here isnt your only best friend. I think you're forgetting that.'

James walked away. You just stood there thinking for a moment.

'Y/N.' Your friend said.

You turned to him.

'I know I mean a lot to you and you miss me.. and try to make the best of this.. but you need someone to be here for you when I cant answer your letters or help you. Dont lose him.' He said. 'I'm going to grab some lunch, go talk to him.'

You sighed and nodded.

-

You finally managed to find albus. He was just sitting outside again. You couldve guessed that.

'Albus.'

Albus looked up at you.

'Wheres Y/Bff/N?'

'He's getting lunch.. because I wanted to talk to you.'

Albus just looked at you.

'What's going on?' You asked. 'You seem upset.'

'I'm not Y/N. Just go back inside.'

'Albus I know you. Talk to me.'

Albus sighed.

'I dont want to talk to you! Go back to your new best friend. Apperently someone who's never there for you is 100x better than I am! Just leave me alone.'

You looked at him and sat down on your knees infront of him.

'Albus.. he is not better than you are! I just missed him that's why I'm so hung up on spending time with him!' You said. 'You mean the world to me and you know that. Youre my best friend. Purely because I spend time with Y/Bff/N now doesnt mean I dont appreciate you. I love you Albus, you know that.'

You hugged albus even though he might not wand it. He slowly hugged you back.

'I'm sorry. I really am.' Yoi said.