Fred x Diggory!reader ~ always

Requested by: @LivRaee4

Enjoy!

-

You wiped away your tears as you took a deep breath. You felt absolutely horrible. Today was the remembrance of your brother and you werent even sure if you could attend.

You and Cedric were incredibly close. He was your best friend.. and now he was gone. The times you asked him not to enter that stupid tournament.

You were now just hiding in the bathroom. The was a knock on the door. You looked up and watched the door slowly open.

Fred came through and closed the door behind him. As soon as he looked at you, you just started crying. Fred walked over to you right away and hugged you. You held him tightly.

'Dont you want to go?' He asked.

You couldn't speak. He gently crouched down so you'd both sit on the floor. You curled up against him. He didn't mind.

'Take your time, its alright.'

He gently stroke your back while you laid against him. You had been friend for a long time. No one made you feel as safe as him.. besides Cedric of course.

You used your sleeve to wipe away your tears and you tried to calm yourself down. You sat up. Fred looked at you and wiped away your tears with his thumb.

'I'm sorry.' You sniffed.

'Dont be. You have every right to be sad.'

You looked at the door. Fred moved some hair behind your ear (if possible).

'Dont you want to go to the ceremony?'

'I don't think I can do it.' You choked. 'He was the most important person in my life. This ceremony will be an official goodbye.. I dont think I..'

Fred pulled you back against him. You tried your best not to cry again.

'I'm fine.. or I will be eventually.'

You wiped your face and sighed. Fred grabbed your hand and gave you a comforting smile.

'What if I sit besides you?' He asked. 'I will be with you all the time.'

You shrugged. Fred got up and offered you his other hand too. You looked up at him. You sighed and grabbed his hand. He pulled you up and gave you a big hug.

'Let's go. When it gets too much you can tell me.'

You held his hand while you walked towards the great hall. Holding his hand felt.. right. Fred didn't seem to mind either. Fred took you inside and sat down besides his brother. You saw a massive picture of cedric. It hurt you. Fred wrapped an arm around you and held you tightly. Dumbledore was sitting in his chair. Looking at everyone.

'Today, we acknowledge a terrible loss.'

Tears shot into your eyes immediately. You had so many questions surrounding his death. This was supposed to be closure but you knew you could never get that.

'Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptional hard-working...'

Dumbledore started walking forwards.

'Infinted fair-minded... and, most importantly, a fierce fierce friend.'

Fred looked at you. He saw tears falling down your cheeks. You pulled you against him. You hugged him right away while staring forwards.

'Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see... Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this.  But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory.'

Voldemort? No way. You almost couldn't believe it.

'Now the pain, we all feel for this dreadful loss reminds me, and reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important then ever.'

'Are you okay?' Fred whispered at you.

All you could do was shrug.

'Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we will celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and through right to the very end.'

The second he finished you got up and left. Fred hurried after you right away. He found you out in the courtyard.. where you used to sit with Cedric during your breaks.

You looked at Fred.

'Why him? Why did he have to go with Harry. He could've lived.' You choked.

Fred walked over to you. He grabbed your hand and held it tightly.

'He thought he won. It was a trap.'

You sighed. It didnt sink in yet. You couldn't cry, you couldn't be mad.. nothing. You looked at Fred.

'Listen Y/N, I know I cant make it better but.. I will do anything to help you. I will always be here to-'

You interrupted him by kissing him. Fred was surprised but kissed you back right away..