Tourette!Snape x student!reader ~ muggle studies

Requested by: Loaqis

Enjoy!

-

'You heard that?' Your friend asked you.

You were in potions class. Every time a sound was heard. It repeated itself a couple of times during the lesson. You always thought Snape would find the person who did it and take points from their house. Until you recently found out something of course.

'Yeah I heard it.' You said.

'What is that noise? It's so annoying. Only during this class that happens.'

You had muggle studies. You were the only one from your friend group who followed that. You recently learned something about a syndrome. It wasn't that wizards didn't have it, it just wasn't very common.

'Maybe a bird got stuck in the ceiling.' You shrugged.

'Ever since first year?' Your friend asked while raising his/her brows.

You just shrugged. You didn't want to tell that you knew what it was. Snape probably didn't want anyone to know. Maybe he didn't even know he had it. You looked at him and watched his twitch for a moment.

The syndrome you learned about what the Tourette syndrome. His tics were a part of it. Snape knew he had something he just didn't know what it was.

His twitching and his hand that always shook when he was writing. He sometimes had a tiny stutter in his voice.

You wanted to ask him about it but not when anyone else was there. You heard the noise again. Snape kept looking at his work.

'See. Again. Damn.' Your friend sighed.

You decided not to pay too much attention to it.

-

After class got dismissed you decided to walk to his desk. You were a little nervous but you wanted to talk to him about it. Snape looked up and watched you approach his desk.

'What's wrong, miss Y/L?' He asked with a tiny sigh.

'I wanted to ask you about something.' You said. 'Have you noticed the sounds in the classroom?' You asked.

Snape was used to people confronting him about it. He simply denied everything.

'No I have not. Why?' He asked.

'Well I.. I kinda noticed that they came from you.' You said.

No one had ever noticed that. It made him nervous which made his tics worse. He could kind off push them away but it was a struggle.

'I don't know what you're talking about.' He tried.

'During muggle studies we were discussing different syndromes and disorders.. and we game across this one thing called Tourettes syndrome. It's basically a genetic disorder which causes different kinds of tics. Vocally and physically.. do you have that?' You asked.

Snape didn't really know. It had been in his family so they all assumed it was normal. No one ever looked into it. It seemed to be what it was. He just nodded, assuming you were right.

'I just wanted to say that it's okay. There are more people who have it and you shouldn't be bothered with what everyone says. If you ever want to know more, I kinda looked into it. I know it's weird that a student might offer it but I can inform you if you want.'

Snape thought it was kind of you to offer that.

'Thank you.' He just said.

You smiled at him.

'See you next lesson.'

You turned around and walked away.