Remus x reader ~ I can't

This oneshot is for CrazyCat243

They won this oneshot from a giveaway in my discord (link in bio). I hope you guys enjoy!

-

You headed towards the hospital wing. Remus was in there and you had no idea why. He refused to say anything.

Suddenly someome said Remus was in the hospital wing. You and all of his friends immediately headed towards him. He had cuts and scars all over him. He refused to say why though.

It had been in your head forever. What happened didnt seem like it happened a lot. Every time you visited him there was a large group with you.

Today you decided to go alone. You didn't tell anyone you were going. You just wanted to see him.. alone.

Remus meant a lot to you. He was really amazing. You really liked him. He took you into his friend group and made you feel at home.

When you arrived in the hospital wing, madam promfey was with him. He seemed.. distressed.

'I'm sure they'll understand. Try to stay calm and take some deep breaths.'

Madam pomfrey seemed like she had no idea what to do. Madam pomfrey looked up and saw you. She immediately walked towards you.

'Is everything okay?' You asked her.

'No he is freaking out. I cant explain why but he wont listen to me.'

'Ill talk to him.'

You walked over to his bed. Remus was just talking softly to himself. You headed to the side of his bed. He was breathing heavily.

'Remus, are you okay?'

He looked at you. You could see the panic in his eyes.

'Do I look okay?!' He almost screamed.

You were surprised by his sudden outburst. You just arrived you couldn't possible know if he was okay or not.

'I'm sorry.' You said right away, feeling like you just said something wrong.

'No no, im sorry. I shouldn't have screamed at you. I just-' he interrupted himself by letting out a frustrated sound.

He dug his face into his hands and tried to take some deep breaths to calm himself but he couldn't. You gently laid a hand on his back. You had to be careful with all of his wounds.

'Remus, please talk to me.'

'I cant!' He exclaimed while looking at you.

He made you jump a little. You pulled your hand back right away.

'I cant tell you what's going on. I cant talk to you about it. No one can ever know.'

What he said only made you more curious. You had been friends for so long. Why couldn't he just trust you? Something was clearly on his mind.

'Remus.. it's me. You know you can trust me.'

'Its not about trust! You'll only fear me. Everyone will. Everyone will think I'm a freak!'

'Who says I'll tell anyone?'

Remus clearly didn't know what to say to that. In his rant he lowkey assumed you were going to tell people while he knew you didn't work like that.

'I know. I know I'm sorry. I just, I value our friendship too much to risk it like that.'

You grabbed a stool and sat down besides his bed.

'So you just wanna stay stressed like this?'

Remus sighed.

'I dont know.'

He seemed to be more calm. He looked at you.

'Does it have to do with your injuries?' You asked.

He just nodded. You looked at him.

'Remus please let me help you.'

He sighed and looked up at the ceiling for a moment. You stayed quiet. You wanted to give him time.

'I'm a werewolf.' He said. 'There I said it.'

'Alright.' You just said.

You didn't want to say too much right away. It was all about remaining calm.

'Thats all you got to say? Alright?'

'What did you expect me to say?'

He had no idea what to say.

'We can talk about this after you've healed. Dont worry I won't tell anyone. Thank you for trusting me.'

You gave him a hug. Remus was clearly confused that you weren't scared of him. He hugged you back.

'Thank you.'

'No problem.'

You smiled at him while he slowly laid down.

'I'm not scared of you by the way. I wanna try to understand and see if I can help. But we'll figure it out.'

He smiled at you. You smiled back at him and left.