Teddy Lupin x reader ~ jealous

Reqeusted by: Anonymous

Enjoy!
-

Teddy watched you talk to one of your Ravenclaw friends. Lately you had been pretty close with him.

Teddy knew him. He seemed like a nice guy.. you seemed to like him a lot. You were talking to him more often lately. Teddy sighed and looked back at the letter he got. Teddy was close to your older sister. She was worried about you when you were at Hogwarts but didn't want you to know. So she wrote letters to Teddy.

Dear Teddy,

It's great to hear that you and Y/N have so much there. Try to behave a little, okay?

Its good to know that Y/N is getting along with so many people. You'll always be her best friend ;).

Make sure to take care of her, okay?

Kind regards!

Y/S/N (your sister's name)

You waved goodbye at your friend and walked over to teddy. You sat down in front of him. You noticed that something was up. He just looked at his table and continued eating.

'Are you okay?' You asked.

'Yeah, why?' He asked.

'I'm just asking.'

You didn't know if you wanted to continue asking or if you should let it go. You just decided to continue talking to him.

'Did my sister write you again?' You asked.

'Yeah, it's not that interesting though.' He said while putting it away.

He never really wanted you to read the letter he wrote her. You knew they were probably about you. Your sister usually told you when you got home what it was all about.

'So something just happened.' You said.

Something did happen. Your friend asked you out. You said no because you liked Teddy but you said you'd remain friends. You just wanted to see what Teddy would think.

Teddy looked up at you. He watched you play with the food on your plate. You looked up at him.

'What happened?' He asked.

'Y/Fr/N (your friends name) kinda like.. asked me out.' You said.

You were telling him because he's your best friend. You told him everything. He always helped you out when you needed it. You just prayed that you didn't hurt your friend too much. You wanted a bit of advice on how to continue.

'He what?' Teddy asked after a small silence.

'He asked me out.' You repeated.

'Him?' He asked. 'He asked you out?' Teddy asked.

'Yeah.' You responded.

'Y/N, I'm praying you said no. He's not good for you, you know it.'

'You're praying I said no?' You asked.

You were slightly confused. Why was he praying you said no? He was not good for you? What was he saying? You dropped your fork for a moment and looked at him.

'Yes I am.' Teddy hissed. 'I told you about what he said to me once right? About the whole "I'm going to make sure she never speaks to you again" thing. Like when we were fighting.'

'I know Teddy, he apologised for that.'

'He might have but that doesn't take away that that guy has a massive temper. He almost hit you once. I can't believe he let you walk away unharmed.. oh merlins beard, you said yes didn't you?'

'Teddy-'

Teddy sighed deeply. Was he jealous? He was wasn't he?

'No, like.. who does he think he is?! You need to get out of this Y/N. It's going to only bring you trouble!'

Teddy knew that he shouldn't react like this.. but he couldn't stop himself. What he said was the truth. He wasn't as nice as you thought he was. He couldn't stand the thought of you dating someone like him.. or even dating anyone.

He was jealous. He was and it made you happy. You enjoyed this. Did he like you? You hoped he did.

'That's my friend you're talking about.' You said, wanting to enjoy this a little longer.

'Look at me, I'm a proper friend! What he does isn't being a friend. He's toxic. I never like him. He's scum.' He spoke a little disgusted.

You grabbed his hand. It was resting on the table. He looked at it and then looked at you. You smiled a blushed a little. He started blushing too but tried to stop it.

'I said no Teddy. I know he's not as good as he seems to be.' You smiled.

'You did? Why did you let me embarrass myself?' He asked.

'You didn't embarrass yourself. It was cute. You're jealous.' You grinned. 'It's okay. I said no because I.. I kinda like you more.'

Seeing the way he reacted you dared to tell him. Teddy's smile appeared. His cheeks shot really red now.

'You're joking?' He asked.

You shook your head.

'Really? You'd rather date me than him?'

You nodded.

'Is that like an: teddy I actually like you? Kind of deal?'

You laughed.

'You don't believe me, do you? I like you Teddy.'

Teddy smiled brightened.

'I like you too.' He smiled.