Draco x reader ~ catching up

This takes place after the war, Draco isn't dating anyone.

Requested by: amethyst814

Enjoy!

-

'Thank you.' You smiled while grabbing your coffee.

It was a busy afternoon in your favourite coffee place. You just finish work and decided to just relax for a bit before going home and finishing the rest of your paperwork.

This was not exactly how you envisioned your life after Hogwarts. You were constantly busy with your work at the ministry and hadnt even found anyone intesting to share to your life with.

It was a mess but you enjoyed it. After the war you focussed on your career. It was amazing to work at the ministry.

You sometimes wondered what happened to the rest. You hardly spoke anyone of Hogwarts. You were a slytherin and it didn't really get accepted in the extra year you took, even though McGonagall tried her best to change that.

You took a sip from your coffee and looked up. Someone caught your attention. That blonde, almost white hair, and those gray almost silver eyes.. that could only be one person. Your old friend.. Draco Malfoy.

He walked towards the counter. You had no clue what he was doing in a muggle shop. His family was far from accepting that. Ooh.. you had the best time with him at Hogwarts. It was amazing to have a friend like him.

You had supported him with everything he had been through. You were never mad at the discion he made. You always understood.

You watched him walk towards the counter and order a coffee. While he was waiting you made eye contact for a moment. You weren't sure if he recognised you. He got his coffee and he walked towards you.

'Well well.. if it isn't Y/N.' He smiled.

'What's up Malfoy.' You smiled.

'Is this seat taken?' He asked.

You shook your head. He sat down and put down his coffee. You two look at each other for a moment and then both just smiled.

'Its good to see you.' You smiled.

'Same to you. You look great.'

He took a sip of his coffee and let his eyes drift across your face. You hardly changed yet you did. You looked more mature.

'What's our mister Malfoy doing in a muggle coffee shop.'

'Well their coffee is really good.' He laughed. 'Besides, I just finished work. Could use a little break.'

'Amen to that.' You grinned.

You both took another sip. It was unreal to you to see him again.

'I'm nothing like my father, you know that.'

'Oh do I now?' You asked.

You always liked to tease him. It was a thing he hated and loved at the same time.

'I hope you're not mad at me.'

You looked at him.

'About what?' You asked.

'You know.. about what I did. The choices I made in the past. I promise you I'm changing myself. I want to be better.'

You smiled. It was sweet that he worried about that.

'Of course not. I've always understood. Remember? You had no choice.'

Draco was really thankful for that. He always saw you as someone he could trust. Someone who would always be there for him.

'I thought you probably were.. that's why I didn't reach out to you. I'm really sorry about that.'

'Dont worry about that Dray.'

He really liked that nickname. Hadnt heard it in awhile.

'We can pick up where we left off, you know. I'd love to be your friend again.' Draco said.

He could see that you really liked that idea.

'Of course. I missed you.'

You and Draco spend your afternoon catching up. It was amazing to see each other again. When it was getting close to dinner time you both decided it was time to leave.

'Y/N.'

You stopped infront of the door of the coffee house. You turned to him.

'What's up.'

'Do you have dinner plans?'

You grinned.

'No, why?'

'Would you like to come back to the manor and have dinner there?'

You could feel yourself blush and you nodded.

'Good, come with me.'