Harry x tomboy!reader ~ understand

Requested by: mendeslovesdirection

Enjoy!

-

'I cant believe you.' Ron sighed.

He just picked you up from detention. You werent afraid to speak up. You had a big mouth and werent afraid to stand up to who ever was mean.

You constantly got into trouble. This was your 3rd detention is six months. Ron was very mad at you.

'I cant help it.' You said.

'You can keep your mouth shut!' Ron hissed.

He stopped and balled his fists while standing infront of you. You had never seen him this mad.

'I'm tired of you always getting into trouble! Why dont you keep your mouth shut and listen to what people tell you?! You're honestly-'

'Ron.. calm down.'

You looked past him and saw Harry. Harry was the only one who made you keep your mouth shut. He made you shy. That almost never happened.

'I'm tired of getting her out of detention! Maybe you should just leave if you don't know how to behave!'

'Thank you for letting me know you want me gone.' You scoffed.
P
'No one wants you gone.' Harry sighed. 'Ron, go cool off. I got it from here.'

'But-'

'Go.'

Ron sighed, shot you a look and then walked away. You looked at Harry who stepped towards you.

'Are you okay?' he askeen

'I'm fine.' You said. 'It isnt the first time he got mad at me.'

'Don't listen to him. It's because he cares.'

You shrugged and continued walking. It was silent for a moment. Harry watched you. He always saw such a different person when he was around.. but in class and around othera you were constantly fighting.

'Y/N.'

You stopped and turned to him.

'Come here for a second.'

You walked towards him. He sat down on one of the walls. You stopped in front of him. He motioned for you to sit down. You sat doen besides him.

'Why are we doing this?' You asked.

'I just wanted to have a talk.' He smiled.

That smile made you weak every time. You looked away from him and aimed your gaze at the floor.

'I've had enough talks to know where this is going.'

'No Y/N, I'm not going to scold you.'

You didnt say anything.

'I just want know why I always see a different Y/N then the Y/N I see in class.' He said.

'I'm always the same.'

Harry sighed.

'You're not. When we're together, just us two, you're super soft and kind and in class you just always tend to change. You constantly defend yourself, I just wanna know why.'

You didn't say anything. You just sat there. You knew he was right. He always was. You just didn't want anyone to hurt you anymore. You used to be bullied in first year until you started hanging out with Harry and his friends. You toughened up and fought everyone off. Even teachers. It was better that way.

'Deep inside you know why.' You just said.

Harry grabbed your hand. You looked at right away before looking up at him.

'I don't but I want to understand.' He smiled sincerely.

You sighed.

'You know I was bullied in first year. You and your friends saved me and now I just want to fight everyone off. I never want to feel that way again so if I'm mean and talk back no one can hurt me.'

You looked away from again. You never actually spoke to anyone about your behaviour. You just trusted Harry..a lot.

'But Y/N, you're amazing. Even your sweet side. Being kind doesn't mean you're weak. Listening to what teacher say, doesn't mean you're weak. You're one of the strongest girls I know.'

'I am doing perfectly fine like this, Harry.'

You got off the wall and started heading towards the common room. Why would he care anyways. He was the golden boy, the perfect one. You were just.. mrs. Troublemaker. A random chick he met at Hogwarts.

'I don't feel like you are.' Harry said while following you.

'I just said I am.'

You turned around the corner, praying he was going to drop it. You hated reflecting on your feelings. It was totally unnecessary.

'You are going to get expelled one day.'

'Oh for wizards sake, why do you care?!' You exclaimed while turning around.

'Because I care about you!' He hissed at you. 'Because I don't want you to get expelled. I don't want to be at Hogwarts without you because I really like you!'

He said it before he realised it. You looked at him in a bit of shock. It was quiet for a moment.

'I really like the sweet Y/N and I know you can be that and I don't want to loose you to your insecurities.' Harry said. 'Hogwarts would suck without you.'

You stepped towards him.

'You like me?'

Harry just nodded. You were.. overjoyed. You couldn't believe it. Harry Potter could choose anyone.. and he liked you

'I like you too.'

Harry smiled right away. He pulled you into a hug.

'I'm sorry that I'm like this. I'll try to work on it.'

'I'll help you.' He smiled.

He let you go and gently pressed his lips against yours.