James Sirius Potter x reader ~ photography

Requested by: RainbowNekoPL

This chapter will contain a few time skips to make sure I got everything in like I want it :3

It doesnt have a perfect "good ending"

Enjoy!

-

'I cant believe this happened..' you mumbled quietly to yourself while holind your camera.

You stared at James in his hospital bed. He fell of his broom during quidditch. He had so many bruises and cuts. He was also unconscious.

You were there taking pictures of the match. Your camera was your biggest hobby. You got it from your parents, the first year of Hogwarts.

Photography was your everything. You always took stunning pictures. It was like a magic polaroid camera. As soon as you took a picture it immediately released your photo but in a bigger size. You could also take moving pictures but you almost never did.

You were great friends with James and his friends. You liked James the most. You even had a crush on him but he was too popular. You couldnt confess to him.

'He's going to be okay. It will just take awhile. He hit his head pretty hard but not hard enough for permanent damage.' Madam pomfrey said.

'Thats good..' you smiled weakly.

You grabbed the picture you took of James minutes before his fall. It was a powerful picutre of him on hus broom. You placed it on his bedside table to make sure he knew you visited. You stared at his face and sighed.

'Please wake up soon.'

-

'Hey Y/N.'

James had been awake for awhile now. You visited him every day. He was almost ready to leave the hospital wing.

'Hey James. How you feeling?' You asked.

You grabbed a stool and sat down besides his bed. You placed your camera down for a minute and smiled.

'Still the same.' He grinned.

His bruises and cuts were still bad. They were healing very slowly. It worried madam pomfrey thats why she kept him here.. but seeing he wasnt in any life danger he could leave soon.

'How does it look?' James asked.

You looked at his face. Taking in every detail. Even with those cuts and bruises he was still gorgeous. You smiled as you inspected his face. You couldnt help it.

'Its not too bad.' You smiled.

'Show me. Take a picture of me and show me.'

You stared at him in shock.

'What? No. Youre insane.'

You werent going to take a picture of him after a traumatic event.

'Please?'

'No!'

You grabbed your camera and held it tightly.

'But I want to see it.'

'Ask for a mirror.' You hissed.

James sighed. He looked disappointed. You hated to disappoint him. You felt stupid now. You hated to feel stupid. You didnt want him to think youre stupid.

'Sorry.. okay... I'll do it.'

You got up and stood at the foot of his bed. He smiled at ypur camera as you took the picture. The picture flew out and you gave it to James.

'Wicked.'

-

James walked through platform 9¾ with your daughter. They just passed through the wall with her trolley. Your daughter looked like you and he loved it. It was all he had left.

After you gave birth to your daughter you passed away. You got ill and there was nothing the docters could do.

Your daughter did remember you. She was old enough before you died. James and her both missed you but they promised to stay strong and move on.

'Here we are.' James smiled.

They both stopped and looked at the Hogwarts express.

'Im going to do it. Im going to make you and mum proud.' She smiled.

She stared at her dad, then at the train and then at her stuff. She sighed, her besutoful smile fading.

'I wish she was here.'

James hugged her and held her tightly.

'She is here. In your heart. She would be so proud of you.'

James kissed the top of her hand. He reached into his bag and handed her teo pictures.

'Take them. Keep them.'

She looked at them.

'Is that mum?' She asked.

'Her parents took that picture at platform 9¾ before giving her her camera.. and that picture is me when I fell during quidditch. She took that because I asked. We got together a few weeks later.'

She smiled and put them in her backpack.

'And this.'

James handed her your old camera. She looked at it in awe and carefully grabbed it.

'Really?' She asked.

'Yeah. Its yours now. Let me take a picture of you.'

Your daughter smiled at the camera while james took a picture..