young!Remus x bullied!reader ~ I should've noticed

WARNING: this chapter contains mentions of self harm and bullying. If youre sensitive to these subjects or if you dont like reading about it I hightly recommend you move on to the next oneshot

Requested by: beth_lupin

Enjoy!

-

You dragged yourself away from the common room. This was the time you felt the safest in the dark. At night. Away from everyone that bullied you.

You hadnt actually told anyone. Not even your boyfriend, Remus. Your sister was one of the bullies. It made you feel aweful.

Your self image was completely gone. You hated yourself. Remus knew you were insecure but he was always there to try and cheer you up. You didnt want him to worry so you never told him about the bullying.

The last week you sneaked out of your dorm every night. It was risky but you didnt care. No one could know what you did. Thats why you headed to moaning myrtles bathroom. No one wanted to actually go there and she was calm at night. Mostly sleeping.

Remus was on patrol when he spotted you. He was confused to see you out of bed. Lately you had been saying you were tired. Maybe that was why. He started follow you and watched you head into the girls bathroom.

When you entered the bathroom you sat down on the floor. You stared at your wrist. You came here to distract your pain to something. The pain made you feel better, the blood streaming down calmed you down.

You took a deep breath before using a spell and running your wand horizontally over your wrist. You looked at it for a moment before using the same spell on your other wrist.

You always healed yourself after some time. These wounds could get healed but your emotional scars couldnt.

'What are you doing?!' Remus spoke in shock as he saw you.

You gasped in shock and looked over your shoulder. Remus sat down besides you. You didnt dare to look at him. He looked at your blood filled hands and the drops on the floor. He quickly healed your wounds.

You looked at him. Tears welling up in your eyes as he picked you up. You didnt know what to do so you just clinged onto him. Remus was extreemly worried. All he could think about was keeping you safe.

You tried your best to fight your tears back while Remus took you towards his dorm. All his roommates were on patrol today. He turned on the light and sat you down on his bed.

'Remus..' you chocked.

He didnt say anything and walked into his bathroom. You heard the water run for a moment. He walked out of the bathroom with a towel with water. He sat down on the floor infront of you. He wiped the blood of your wrists.

You still didnt dare to look at him. Remus threw the towel aside and took a deep breath. He saw that you were about to break. He got up and sat down besides you. He pulled you against him and held you tightly.

'I'm not mad. It's okay.' He said.

You just there. Unsure of what to say. Remus let you go and grabbed your chin to force you to look at him.

'Why?' He asked. 'Why didn't you tell me? Why are you doing this? Do you want to die?'

'No-'

'Then why?'

You tried to speak but you couldnt. You felt tears streaming down your face. You laid your forehead against his chest. Remus rubbed the back of your head to comfort you.