Harry x reader ~ why | part 1

Requested by: anonymous

I wanna make a part 2 of this but you guys can decide how you want it to go. So read it until the end and let me know what you want to read in part 2! It can go into many directions so I'm excited to see what you guys want!

Enjoy!

-

You were sitting at the lake with the golden trio. You had been a part of their friendgroup since year 1. You had always enjoyed Hogwarts with them.

You were now in your fourth year and you and Harry had recently been dating. You never expected Harry to actually like you back.

It had been a lot of fun but it was also scary with Harry in the triwizard tournament. You promised to keep supporting him no matter what.

'Well guys, I gotta go.' you smiled. 'Draco promised he'd help me with potions.'

You started to get up.

'I still dont get why you're friends with him.' Harry said.

You were friends with Draco too. It was a little complicated. Draco was misunderstood. You knew his entire story. You never tried to tell Harry or his friends because they would never believe you.

'This again?' You asked. 'I gotta go but we will talk about it later.'

It was time you'd try to explain. You bend down to kiss Harry shortly.

'Love you.' You smiled brightly before heading off.

-

After studying you met Harry back in the common room. You smiled and walked over to him right away.

'Hey.' You smiled while sitting down besides him.

Harry wrapped an arm around you and pulled you into a warm hug. You smiled and kissed him deeply before pulled back.

'How was the study session?'

'It went well. Luckily Draco is good at potions.' You grinned.

Harry didnt say anything. You knew he was awkward when you talked about Draco. Why couldn't he just accept it.

'Harry..'

'Why him off all people. My girlfriend is friends with my enemy.' Harry sighed.

You sat up and turned to him.

'That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Draco is not as bad as you think.'

Harry snorted. It hurt you a little when he did that. Draco trusted you ever since your first year. You get with him in his struggles. You knew what he was going through and you were the only one who was willing to look passed that.

'Harry, please. Dont be like that.'

'Like what? He has bullied me ever since the first year.'

'Well he tried to be friends but you kinda like.. rejected him..'

Harry gave you a nasty look and you just stopped talking. Deciding who you had to be friends with was kinda toxic of him. He didnt even listen to what you had to say.

'I rejected him because he was mean to my newly made friends.' Harry scoffed.

'Are you really going to fight me about who I'm friends with?!' You asked him. 'Are you seriously that guy?! You wont even listen to me!'

Harry crossed his arm and looked at you while raising his brows.

'Go on. I'm listening.'

'Harry-'

'You wanted me to listen. I'm listening.' He said.

It was pretty childish. This behaviour. You sighed and looked away from him, trying to control you anger.

He always wanted to know why you were friends with him and then you tried to tell him and he reacts like that.

'What?' He asked.

'You always asks me why I'm friends with him and then I try to tell you and this is what you do.' You sighed.

'Do what?'

'Get mad and then act like a child.' You hissed. 'Then why do you ask me the entire time if you're not willing to even listen!'

Harry's posture softened. He knew you were right. That wasnt how this was supposed to go.

'I'm sorry. I am willing to listen.. I mean it.' Harry said while laying his hand on your leg.

You looked at him.

'Draco is doing everything he does because of his parents. They need him to not accept any other houses or blood status because that's how he was raised. His parents have always had a connection to you-know-who but he wants no part of it.. although I dont think he really has a choice.'

You promised Draco never to tell too much so you couldnt go into full detail.. but those were the basics you could tell. Harry looked at you.

'Is he using his parents as an excuse-'

'Excuse?! Harry the boy is forced to- oh my god.'

You got up. You couldnt even look at him right now.

'Y/N! Come on I-'

'Stop talking.' You hissed while turning to him. 'I cant even look at you right now.'

You stormed out of the common room, leaving Harry speechless..