Chapter 10: Their sweet little bean

Vince was sitting outside their porch while drinking his fruit-shake in broad daylight as he scrolls through his emails.

     He had to drink that shake and some drugs for his headache though he really wants a cup of coffee that morning.

     "Good Morning, papa!" Halley emerged from their house while holding a cup of coffee.

     She quickly made her way towards Vince then sat beside him.

     "Good Morning, anak." Vince nodded at her, eyes still on his phone.

     "Is that a fruit shake?"

     "Yeah."

     "Hmm." Halley placed her coffee at the table as she curiously looked at her papa, it wasn't usual for her to see him drink a shake for breakfast.

     It was usually a cup of his strong coffee.

     "Did you drink last night, pa?"

     "Why ask?"

     "You're not drinking your coffee, plus I saw that medicine you just hid in your pockets."

     "Bilis ng mata ah." He chuckled. "Light hangover lang, I had a beer last night."

     "Beer? So you're in a bar with who? Are you dating someone again, pa?!"

     "Relax sweet bean, I didn't date anyone. Sila Tito Emman and Ninong Drei mo ang kasama ko."

"Good to know, pa." She grinned then sip on her coffee. "Anyway, did tita Auds went home last night po?"

"Hindi, she stayed here. Ngayon umaga lang umuwi." Vince informed his daughter. "I'll go out later and meet with Sev, kakauwi lang niya kaninang madaling araw. Want to come?"

     "I'd like to, but I have other plans for today papa." She smiled at him widely.

     Vince looked at Halley, you sure do look like your mama he thought then a smile started to form on his lips.
------------------------------------------------------

     Later that day, Greg just arrived back at their house. Parked his car, hopped out, then made his way inside.

     "Love, what happened?" He asked Tricia right away after seeing her and Adan in the living room.

"He's having his tantrums again, gusto ng umuwi sa London." Tricia informed him.

Greg quickly approached Adan who was crying badly on the carpet and keep saying "I want to go home."

He gently scooped Adan off from the ground as he carries him in his arms while Tricia assisted him.

"Ako na kay Dan, love. Favor naman, timpla mo akong coffee."

"Okay, love." She smiled then rubbed Adan's back before she watched them made their way out.

Once Tricia saw them reached the porch, she heads inside the kitchen and started making a coffee when her phone suddenly rang.

*FaceTime - Abbey calling*

     "Yes, sweetie?" Tricia started.

     "Hi mum, is dad home now?" Abbey asked on the other line.

     "Yes, kakauwi lang niya."

     "That's nice, how's Dan? Still crying?"

"Yes but your dad's here so I'm sure titigil na yun."