Chapter 131: Fell in love in Napa, California (Part 1)

Day 5: Remaking Halley and Abbey's 14th & 15 Birthdays

     Breakfast at Brix Restaurant and Gardens with the Gomez family was near perfect—if such a thing exists.

     It was one of the best spots along the road of St. Helena and it offers a beautiful venue in the outdoor garden space.

     The restaurant was quite remarkable also for their California-French-infused dishes

Brix was also a kid-friendly place and offers great meals for them such as the fried chicken, truffle mac and cheese, Brix burgers, and the recently discovered impossible burgers.

     And although Tricia hasn't got a chance to try their famous cabernet sauvignon because of pregnancy, she still enjoys feasting their main courses such as the pan-seared Alaskan halibut.

      As Tricia often says lately, There's always a next time for everything.

     Meanwhile, Halley and Abbey thought it was a little strange that their mother refused to have some wine while in fact, they were at the wine country.

Once they were almost done with their meal, Halley and Abbey laid down their itinerary for the day.

Upon checking the itinerary, Vince notices the two wineries along with their plan.

He instantly got concerned about it and been thinking if too much exposure to wine could affect Tricia's pregnancy.

"Maybe we can cancel these wineries and change—"

"What? We're in Napa, the wine country!" Halley cut her papa off, "why wouldn't you want us to go there? Besides, the wine tasting is really the one we've been looking forward diba po?"

"Yeah, but," he sighed then glanced at his wife who was looking at him also.

Vince scratches his nape and badly wants to tell them why but at the same time doesn't want to spill their surprise for the kids.

"Hon, it's fine. I'll manage it," Tricia smiles then reached his hand for a squeeze.

"Okay, honey."

Halley, who was already frowning, asks them, "Mama, Papa, is there something you guys want to tell us?"

"Nothing," Tricia smiles at her.

"Hmm, sureee?"

"Wala nga," Vince chuckled too then lightly pinches her nose.