Chapter 22: The Agreement

On the next day, Tricia woke up in a view of Greg sitting at their terrace while having his coffee. A laptop beside him and a cellphone in his other hand as he scrolled to it.

Greg was facing the other side so he doesn't notice that Tricia was already awake.

Tricia quickly get off their bed and managed to walk towards Greg without making any sound.

"Good Morning, love."

     She greeted as she wraps her arms around his neck, making Greg surprised.

     "Good Morning, love."

    He greeted her back and kissed the back of her palms then look up at her.

    Tricia cupped his face then smiled.

     "I have some good news."

     Greg's face lighted up immediately.

     "Not that kind of news, love." She giggles.

     "Sayang love, akala ko—"

    "It's about your proposal to Mr. Orlina."

     Greg remained silent and waited for Tricia to tell him the good news.

     "Mrs. Orlina messaged me that Mr. Orlina approved to consider your proposal."

     "Talaga love?"

     "Yes!" She smiled then showed him their messages on her phone.

     "He wants to have a meeting first, so I'll meet with him later. He wants to talk with me daw before he approves your proposal."

     Greg stood up and instantly pulled Tricia for a hug, "thank you for doing this love, even if you don't have to."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They both shared a quick kiss when Tricia's phone vibrated on Greg's hand which caused them both to withdraw.

     A message notification popped up

     He looked at it and didn't think twice to open the conversation.

     "Nag uusap pala kayo ni Vince

     "Nag uusap pala kayo ni Vince." Greg speaks while scrolling through their conversation.

     "Last night lang because of Hal."

     "Why didn't you tell me, love?"

     "Tell you what?"

     "That you're messaging him."

     "Sorry, it's all for Halley naman."

     Greg took a deep breath then handed back the phone. Tricia on the other hand noticed his reaction—she can't blame him.