Chapter 20: Simple act of gratitude

Greg and his family were having breakfast when Tricia noticed the uneasiness of Greg.

     She tried asking him without making it too obvious to the kids but Greg said he was fine.

     It didn't take long for them to finish their meal and once done, kids head straight to the living room.

     "Love, what's wrong?" Tricia asked him again.

     "Nothing, love."

"Greg, I'm your wife. I know when something is bothering you."

"Love wala nga, I don't want you to get stressed to it too."

Greg pulled a smile then wrapped his arms around her waist, Tricia let him while she caressed his arms.

"Is it about your work?"

Tricia wanted to know but Greg only smiles at her then buried his face on her neck.

"C'mon tell me love, maybe I can help."

Greg takes a deep breath before he speaks.

He knew his wife was persistent and wouldn't stop until she knew what it was.

"It's about our business in London, 3 investors had pulled out their shares." He informed Tricia making her gasped.

"Why didn't you tell me soon? Nagagalit pa ako sayo minsan kasi inuuna mo yung trabaho mo kaysa sa mga bata."

"I'm sorry, love. I just don't want you to worry about this."

"What are you planning to do?"

"3 investors din ang nag pulled out ng shares so malaki din yun, that's why I'm busy searching for new investors now."

"How's the progress so far, love?"

"I have this meeting in Singapore, but I haven't set the date pa. Nandito pa kasi tayo love."

"If you really have to go, then go. I understand why you have to leave, basta saglit lang ha."

"Are you sure love? You're giving me the approval?" He asks then she nodded. "Thank you, love."

"Don't be too long ha, mamimiss ka na naman namin ng mga bata."

"Of course, love."

Greg tightens his hug then kisses her temple.

"I almost forgot to tell you, love. Do you know Mr. Ram Orlina? We have been proposing to him to be our investors since before, but he hasn't replied to us yet."

"Mr. Orlina? Yes, client ko yung wife niya."

"Talaga, love?"

"Yes, they often went to London kasi love that's why eventually Mrs. Orlina became my client na."

"That's good to hear, love."

"Maybe I can talk to his wife to tell Mr. Orlina to consider your proposal."

     "Huwag na, love. I can do it my—"

     "Let me help you, love. Okay lang naman sa akin and besides you helped me in my jewelry business din before."

     "What did I do to deserve you?" Greg made Tricia faced him. "Thank you, love. I love you."

     "I love you too, love."

     Greg was about to close their gaps when his phone beeped and caught both of their attention, "I have to go now love, may meeting pa ako."

     "Okay, drive safe. I love you."