Chapter 1: The beginning of something new

Present

California, U.S.A.

It was another rush morning for Halley to quickly get ready for the day as she ran around her room searching for her supposed outfit of the day.

"Why do I keep doing this to myself?!" She face-palmed herself once she reached for her phone. "I promise to sleep early later, ugh."

Halley swore just like how she swore to sleep early for the past late nights she had spent years before.

"Hal! It's 7:48 already!" Vince called her downstairs.

"Coming Pa, just looking for my purse."

Once Halley found it, she quickly grabbed it then head out to lock the doors.

She finally made it downstairs and was greeted a "good morning, sweet pea" by her papa.

"Let me guess, drive-thru for breakfast?" Halley jokingly asked though she get used to it.

She knew her papa loves to cook whenever he's in the mood, but she also noticed that he hasn't been cooking a lot lately. Always with drive-thru or deliveries.

"Kinda fed up by that?" Vince retorted, grinning.

Halley just gave him the "Do-I-have-a-choice" look. "Then it's all set. Let's go now, Ms. Hailey."

"For real, Pa? I still don't know why I have to use Hailey instead of Halley. I mean they're kinda the same so what's the point of using a different name?"

"Hal, you need to keep your profile private. Just like me." Vince replied as they both made it outside then hopped in their car.

"Like you? Well I get that you're the CEO in your architectural firm and a part-time doctor—which is kinda cool and lit, so you have to keep your profile private... but me?"

Halley was just still curious about those kinds of stuff her papa wanted her to do.

Although she gets that private life had always been a top priority for her papa.

"You've been using that for 16 years. You know the reason already." Vince was now in a serious tone. "Don't make me repeat myself, now go put on your seatbelt and enough with questions."

The moment they put on their seatbelt Vince started the car then hit the roads of Napa, offering them such a nice view of their vineyards on their way.
------------------------------------------------------

London, England

Mid-afternoon that day, Tricia with her two kids; Abbey and Adan, arrived back at their home after spending a couple of hours shopping at a mall.

     "Mum, can I go to my room now? I want to check this all." Abbey stated, holding paper bags in both hands.

     "Sure honey, don't forget to take your meds at 4 o'clock." Tricia reminded her before Abbey completely vanished from her sight.

     "Mommy, what time dad will come home?" Adan asked then sat down on the couch in their living room.

     "Later in the evening baby, why?" Tricia asked back sitting beside her son, wiping his sweats.