Chapter 120: Hearts knit together

Halley noticed and felt the tension and lack of communication between their parents and so she devised a plan to alleviate it.

     "Avs, let's tell them na kaya about our plan for this coming weeks?"

     "Are you sure, Hal? Thought they aren't in good shape?"

     "Well, sort of."

She sighed.

"Do you have any idea why are they having petty fights? It's the 2nd time na kasi."

     "I have no idea, Hal. They were fine at the party naman last night diba?"

     "Yup, but now they weren't even talking with each other again. I heard them arguing kanina back in their room."

     "What did you hear?"

     "I'm not sure."

     She clicked her tongue.

     Abbey thinks for a minute, "wait, have you noticed mum last night?"

     "What do you mean?" Halley looked at her curiously.

      "The time when Tito Drei and Tito Em were splashing us with champagne, did you saw how mum's mood quickly changed?"

     "What about it?"

     "Her mood changes when a woman enters the party, remember?"

     Halley took the time to remember every detail she could think of about last night's party until she concluded.

     She didn't give much attention to it last night but she was aware of it.

     "Oh my gosh, Avs! You're a genius!"

     "Why? What did I do?"

     "I knew I saw that face before!"

     "Huh? Who?"

"The one you're telling me right now!"

"And what about her?"

     "Basta!" She gets off the couch and wears her slides, "I just realized where I first saw her, I knew that face was familiar."

     "Hal, I don't think you should get concerned about this. I mean—"

     "Avs, they're our parents."

     "Yeah, but they should fix things on their own, lalo na when it's a problem about—"

     "I just want them to fix it soon, I knew it's just a petty fight."

     "Yun naman pala, eh. Petty fight lang."

     "Yup but I've got a plan."

     "Spill it out."

     "Just call mama, I'll call papa in his office and we'll tell them our birthday plan, then the rest will be Dan's move. You know they can't resist him, sounds okay?"

     "Well, I'm not sure but looks like you've made up your mind," Abbey agrees.

-----

     "Hal, what's this all about? Come on, I have works to finish," Vince speaks.

     "Just a minute, papa, let's wait for mama too!" Halley said, Adan was sitting beside her, "Avs is calling her na."

     "Inistorbo niyo pa ang mama niyo, you know she's busy too."

     "Busy ignoring you?"

     Vince abruptly glanced at her.

     He was about to speak when they heard footsteps approaching and soon Tricia and Abbey emerged.