Chapter 28: The pain behind reason

It was past lunchtime but Vince and Tricia decided to stay at a near coffee house for a while since none of them did want to go back to their hotel yet.

     Both had their own businesses tho.

     Vince on his laptop and blueprints while he enjoys his caffè americano.

Tricia on her phone busy scrolling through her emails as she replied to them one by one.

And of course.

She also had caffè latte by her side.

"Do you have somewhere else to go? Kung wala na, I'll drop you back at the hotel." Vince suddenly speaks.

He wasn't looking at Tricia, but she knew he was talking to her.

"Wala naman na, ikaw?"

"I'll go meet with Fer."

"Fer Montemayor?" Tricia confirms.

"Yes, he's here recruiting an artist for his exhibit. I want to check it out since I'm sponsoring the event."

     "Oh, you're sponsoring the event na pala, bakit hindi ka pa mag put up ng exhibit mo."

      Vince remained silent.

     It was either he doesn't want to answer or he doesn't want her to know why.

     "Huy." Tricia called his attention.

     "I don't know."

     "Alam mo, they mentioned to me na ang tagal na nilang ino-offer to sayo, taon-taon na ata?"

     "Oo. Taon-taon ko na din tinatanggihan, hindi ko nga alam kung bakit ayaw pa nilang tumigil."

     "Because they knew you have passion for this, Vince."

     "Wala na siguro."

     Tricia had a lot of things to say, a lot of questions to ask, but she was not in the right position to say any of that.

     "Uhm, Vince. Can I come with you pala?"

     "It is a bit far from here, ilang oras din na byahe yun."

    "It's fine, wala naman akong gagawin kung mag stay lang ako sa hotel."

     "Ikaw ang bahala."

Vince suddenly then stood up.

     "Are we going now?"

     He nodded as a reply.

     The two get themselves ready then head out from the coffee house as they made their way to Vince's car.

     "Wala kang naiwan?" He asks.

     Tricia just shook her head saying no.

    "Okay." Vince nodded and waited for her to put on her seatbelt before he started the car then hit the road.

     While Vince was driving them, he couldn't help but look at Tricia from time to time.

    There was just something on his mind that keeps flashing though he wanted to shrug it off. But it comes back on his mind again and again.

"Does he know?" Vince asked.

He couldn't hold it anymore.

Tricia abruptly looked at him.

     Confused.

     As if she was asking him what he meant.

"Does he know you're here with me?"