Chapter 16: Home is where...

Tricia parked the car right in front of a familiar house, a house that holds a lot of memories.

The good and bad ones.

It serves as an outcome of perseverance.

     She vividly remembers that there was once a committed doctor who hopes to give his family a good life.

-----

"Hon, we're here." Tricia heard and felt a gentle tapping on her shoulders.

Probably fell asleep on their way.

They went to the clinic for her monthly check-up.

     Her pregnancy is quite complicated and needed to be monitored regularly.

     And since Tricia was in her third trimester of pregnancy she oftentimes fell asleep whatever time in the day.

     "Honey, continue your sleep inside."

     Vince tried to wake her up again but she just groaned, making him smiled.

     A few more tapping and soft kisses on the forehead eventually woke up Tricia. She found Vince right in front of her unbuckling her seatbelt.

     "You want me to carry you inside, hon?"

     "No need, hon. I'll just walk, mabigat na kami ni baby."

     "Sus, kailan ba hindi kita kinayang buhatin?"

     Vince smirked at his wife with a meaningful look, while Tricia just chuckled and agreed for him to carry her.

     She was kinda tired to walk too.

     "Hold tightly, Honey." Vince told her then carefully lift her.

     As soon as the couple got off the car, Tricia immediately noticed the unfamiliar place.

     "Vince, where are we?" She asks.

     "Home." He simply replied.

     Tricia made Vince stopped walking as she cupped his face making him looked straight in her eyes.

     "Vince, I'm serious."

     "Tricia, I'm serious too. It's our house."

     Vince pulled out the keys from his pocket showing it to his wife.

     Tricia on the other hand was beyond surprised and yet so happy, she let out a tear which Vince instantly wiped with his thumbs.

     "How did you manage to get this, you didn't even tell me you'll buy a house."

      "Hon, bago pa kita pakasalan sinabi ko na sayo na lahat ibibigay ko diba." Vince smiled then planted a soft kiss on her lips.

     "Vince..."

     "Ayoko naman na gabi-gabing nagigising yung misis ko at namomroblema sa nag le-leak na roof. She's pregnant with our sweet little bean pa naman."