Chapter 180: Ice cream hustlers

It has been a few hours since the Gomez family ate supper, but they haven't decided whether or not to go back to the house.

     As it wasn't quite late in the evening, the kids still wanted to go for a stroll.

     "Papa, let's have ice cream again!" Adan suggested abruptly.

     "Looks like I want ice cream too!" Halley said the same time she glanced at Abbey, "Avs, remember the one we searched up on the website last time?"

     Abbey was taken aback by what her sister was alluding to, "what's that, Hal?"

     "I'm telling you, the cool ice cream—"

     "Yeah, that one! Sure, we'll give it a shot."

     Once the girls had reached an agreement, they brought Adan with them and addressed their parents, saying, 'Please let's try that ice cream.'

     Vince and Tricia exchanged glances.

     "What, honey, let's go?" Vince inquired, wanting his wife to make the decision first.

     "I guess I want ice cream too, hon," Tricia said through a smile.

     "Yes!" exclaimed the children.

     They were certain that if it was their mama who requested, their papa would say yes.

     "All right, what kind of ice cream do you want?" Vince questioned.

      Halley and Abbey smiled at one another yet again.

     "Secret!" they stated, "We've got this figured out! Let's go!"

     The children promptly pulled their parents to an ice cream shop. They evidently knew where this ice cream store was since they arrived only a second later.

     "We're here!" said the youngsters.

     They walked right in and found a comfy seat, then one of the store's employees approached them and handed them the menu.

     "Oh, we don't need that," Abbey chuckled.

     "Yeah, we're here to attempt the gut buster challenge!" Halley said, her eagerness palpable.

     "Wait, what is this gut buster challenge?" Tricia inquired, startled.

     The staff explained to them what the famous gut buster challenge was at their store, and how some people had tried but failed, so the children became quite enthusiastic to try it.

     "What? 5k only for ice cream?" Vince was a bit skeptical.

     "But it's free if we finish all of the ice creams in 30 minutes," Halley and Abbey clarified.

     They wished their Papa would have consented since they were eager to try it.

     "What's in the gut buster again?" Tricia wondered.

     "One thing's for sure, there's a lot of ice cream, and the rest is a sweet surprise," the team said.

     "C'mon, Papa, we can win this one!"

     "Yes!" the children exclaim enthusiastically.

     "All right, we'll have the gut buster, please."

     "Great, one gut buster coming up," the crew spoke as they beamed and left them to fetch their orders.

     "Yay!"All three of their children remarked then embraced Vince, "Thanks, Papa!"