Chapter 30: Some things never change

Vince and Tricia decided to take Adan on a daylight road trip since they haven't really prepared any itinerary for that.

     They just dropped by whenever Adan wants to check out some places.

    And usually, Adan wants to stop at museums.

    Vince had noticed it and was quite surprised to know a 7-year-old kid had an interest in any kind of museum.

He means it wasn't always he finds a little boy enjoys the ambiance of a museum.

     Especially if it was not mainly for kids.

     And so after spending a couple of hours on their road trip, Vince takes them to a restaurant for lunch.

     As soon as they entered, waiters had welcomed them and take their orders right away.

Food did not take long to be served.

     Good thing because Vince and Adan had been craving already.

"Baby, say thank you to tito for today." Tricia suddenly told Adan.

They were still in the middle of having their meal but Adan stood up from his seat and walked towards Vince.

"Thank you for taking me with you and mommy po for today, tito ice cream." Adan sweetly said and hugged him.

"You're always welcome." Vince replied and let him sit on his lap.

"I love you, tito ice cream."

Vince takes a while before he replied again.

"Tito ice cream loves you too."

Tricia smiled while watching them but then she noticed a different reaction from Vince.

     She could tell something was bothering him.

He may not say it but his eyes tell it.

That was why Tricia could tell.

"Vince." Tricia reached for his free hand across the table. "Thank you."

Vince looked at Tricia and did not withdraw his hand, instead, he looked at their hands.

     He held her too then almost weakly smiled at her as his way of saying you're welcome.

"Tricia, can we talk?" Vince asks.

"Sure, go ahead." Tricia smiled, squeezing his hand before she pulled away her hands.

"I have an invitation to the trade show tomorrow night, we'll attend it." He started.

     He noticed that Tricia gets a little worried about it already.

     "Don't worry about your attire, I called Sev to take over it. We just have to go to the store later and pick up whatever suit we want."

"Okay, what time tomorrow?"

"It will start at 8 in the evening."

     "8 pm?" She repeated.

     "Yes. I asked Andrei to go here at lunchtime tomorrow to fetch Adan so they can go back to Manila. Walang mag babantay sa kanya if we left at night."

Tricia gets Vince's point.

     And even if she wants Adan to stay with them, she still agrees with Vince.

"Okay, but we have to talk to Adan about this muna." Tricia told him.

"Sige, let me." Vince replied with a smile again as he looks at Adan who was still sitting on his lap.
------------------------------------------------------