Chapter 92: Coincidence

"Ate Abbey, what are we doing here po?" Adan asks while he was holding his ate's hand as they entered the mini-office.

"I just have to look for something, okay. I told you to be the lookout, Dan," Abbey told him.

     Abbey's original plan included only her and that was to wake up early, quickly sneak into her dad's office to get what she needs.

But then Adan wakes up early too and so she needed to look after him.

Since Abbey knew exactly the places of the cameras around their house, she made sure they won't be caught in any spots.

"We're not allowed to play in daddy's office po, ate," Adan tugged his ate's arms.

"We're not playing, baby," she thinks of an alibi because she knew how honest Adan was.

Adan lets his ate search the office while he stayed at the corner where Abbey told him to stay and waited for her the whole time.

"Kids?" They suddenly heard their mom.

"Ate, it's mama!" Adan whispered.

"Yup, I heard," she quickly grabbed the papers she had been looking for then hid them in her back, "let's go, Dan."

Abbey and Adan swiftly exit their dad's office without getting caught by the cameras.

"Mum!" She called on their way to the living room.

"I've been looking for you and Adan," Tricia said and could trace the worrying in her face.

"We're just playing, mum."

"Where's your dad?"

"He went out for his cycling rounds, mum. You know dad, he wants to stay fit," Abbey told her.

They had a short talk before Abbey excuses herself then quickly heads into her room.

As soon as Abbey went inside her room, she placed all the papers on her table and checks them if she got everything before she grabbed her phone.

Abbey waited a couple of rings before her call gets answered.

"Hi, yes, I'm the one calling your firm since yesterday... yes, I have all the papers... and for how long?... okay, I just want to check if these are valid and legal... yes, thank you."
------------------------------------------------------

     Vince was currently in the middle of his early morning cycling.

      All geared up. Helmet on his head, cycling outfit, water bottle and iPhone attached on his mountain bike, and lastly airpods on his ears for good music.

*calling - my sweet bean*

     Once he saw his phone he decided to take a break, slow down since he had been biking for a couple of hours.

     Answered Halley's call as he keeps cycling.

     "Yes, sweet pea?"

     "Papa, did Ninang Lei called you?"

     "Hindi pa, bakit?"

     "I'll go with her and tita Auds today."

     "Saan kayo? Did you call your mama?"

     "We'll take Scoob and Vany for a walk then after that we'll eat out na rin. And yes, I already called mama before you," she giggles.

     "Good. Ngayon na ba kayo aalis?"