Chapter 186: Our sole ohana

Greg and Abbey spent their final hours in Manila bidding their farewells to their close relatives before departing home.

     They intended to return to London, remain for good, and begin their lives anew.

     It was just the two of them.

     For a lengthy moment, Abbey had hoped for this to happen and ultimately it will.

     All she could think about was how grateful and delighted she seemed.

     'Thanks, G!' She whispers as she gazes up into the sky.

     Shortly after, Abbey sensed her dad holding her hands fondly and turned to face him.

     "Are you ready to come home with me?" Greg asks, a smile on his face.

     "I've waited long enough, Dad," she said while she drew him in for a close embrace, "thank you for coming back and finally bringing me with you, I love you."

     "Thank you also for giving me a chance, for once again trusting in me, and for helping me heal. I love you more than anything, my sweet angel."

     "Aw so sweet! But you two better leave now otherwise you'll be late for your flight," the mag-ama heard as they returned their gaze to Mar.

     Abbey ran back to their family and bid them farewell.

     "Goodbye, ate Abbey! Stay safe, you and Tito Greggy," her cousin Jaden reminded them.

     "Thank you, Jaden. Please take care of Tito Will and Tita Mar as well, okay? Be a good kiddo!" She giggles as she hugs the boy.

     They all said their final farewell before Greg and Abbey managed to get back into their car then hit the road again, this time on their way to the airport.

     As Abbey's phone buzzed midway through their journey, the mag-ama were having a good time conversing while listening to their jams.

     The name 'Mum' appears on the screen, but she declines the call.

     "How come you didn't answer it, sweetie? It's your Mo—"

     "I know, Dad," she muttered, "it's just that I'm not ready to talk with them yet? I don't know. And saying goodbye, if ever, will be tough."

     Greg couldn't help but sigh, then pulled a smile after.

     "Why?" Abbey questioned, intrigued by her dad's response.

     "Nothing," he smiled as he sought for her hands, "but just so you understand, it's good to contact them and hear their voice one final time before we leave."

     "You make me feel bad, Dad!"

     "No, that's not my intention; what I'm stating is that you never know when you'll get another chance to speak with them; don't miss it; you could later regret."

     It's not difficult for Abbey to comprehend, hence why she agreed and smiled, "you're right, Dad. I'll have to go wait for Mum to phone again. I mean, I don't want to be—"

     "I understand what you're trying to say, sweetie," he smiled anew.
------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

     "She's still not responding, hon," Tricia groaned when her call was declined once more, "We just want to say goodbye and see her one more time before they leave, and—"

     "Honey, relax," Vince tried to calm her down, rubbing her back, "have you tried contacting Greg? Perhaps he'll answer?"

     "I suppose he already changed his phone number."