Chapter 34: There is no denying

At exactly quarter to eight in the evening, Vince and Tricia arrived at the trade show venue.

They were a bit early from the said time since Vince knew Tricia used to say on time is late.

The venue was already jam-packed with guests, artists of the exhibits, and many more recognized people inside.

     There were lots of exhibits too for the guest's eyes to feast on.

Tricia rarely attends this kind of event.

     And that was like years ago.

She did not expect a lot of folks to attend tonight, knowing it was a trade show of art exhibits.

"I'll do the rounds if you're not comfortable with these lot of people hatid na kita sa taas." Vince offered once he noticed Tricia's reaction.

"What's in upstairs?" Tricia asks him.

"We have a private lounge doon to stay after the trade show, after kasi nito we have to stay for a party."

"I'll just come with you."

     "Sigurado ka? I have to talk to some artists."

     "Yeah." She smiled then hold him in his arms again. "It's been a while since we attend this kind of event together."

     "Okay. Stay close." Vince told her then pulled her gently by her waist as they continued to walk.

Vince and Tricia spent almost half an hour dropping into one exhibit to another.

     Having a conversation with different artists.

It was one of those moments where Tricia could really appreciate Vince's passion and dedication to this field.

She couldn't help but feel upset and disappointed with what happened to him.

To them.

Why she let it.

"Vince."

"Yes?" He asks then looked at her.

Tricia looked around and made sure that they were alone on that spot and far from the crowd.

She unconsciously bit her lower lips before looking down, thinking if she would speak or not.

Vince knew that action of hers, Halley probably got that from her.

     "If you have something to say, say it."

     He made her look at him.

     Before Tricia could say another word, the host of the event started and called all guests' attention.

     "We can stay here for a while kung importante yung sasabihin mo, Tricia."

     "Huwag na, let's go. I'm sure they will look for you." She pulled a smile.

     Vince nodded and did not force her to speak up whatever it was—he was sure she has something to say.

     And then once again he pulled her closer to him before making their way.

     As time goes by, more canvases and portraits had been sold and it was indeed a successful event.

     Then suddenly, Tricia's phone rang.

     *FaceTime - My Sweetie*

     Even though Vince was busy having a conversation with the artists, he looked at Tricia and asked who was calling her.