Chapter 146: What lies beneath (Part 2)

Despite the fact that it was already night, Tricia was pacing back and forth on the front porch as she waited for Abbey.

     She tried contacting Gio to see whether he was with Abbey already but he refused so she presumed Abbey was still with her father.

     Tricia had been contacting Abbey from too from time to time, but she didn't pick up the call, which made her quite concerned.

     Where are you, Abbey? She keeps asking herself, worried that she might not come home.

     Thoughts were forming in her mind when she had been abruptly enveloped inside by a pair of arms before receiving the comfort of the shawl.

     "Hon, aren't you going inside? Malamig na rito," Vince speak as he planted a soft kiss on top of her head.

     "I'm still waiting for Abbey," she replied without bothering to remove her husband's arms around her.

Preferring to savor it instead.

     "You can rest inside, hon. Ako na mag—"

"No need, hon," she caressed his arms, "ako na po and besides, nalilibang ako rito kaysa sa loob."

     "If you say so, honey."

For whatever reason, Tricia faced Vince, "I love you," she says before closing their gaps.

     Vince reciprocated the intensity his wife had given him before they carefully sat in the hammock whilst cradling his wife and allowing her to rest on his lap

"Sige, I'll stay here with you kung ayaw mo pang pumasok, honey."

     "Okay, hon," she hugs him, "and also, have you send Adan and Halley na to—"

     "Yes, ma'am. Napagod siguro sila sa byahe, parehong knocked out," they both chuckled.

"Thank you, Papa."

"Ang sorop naman nun, Honey."

The lovers stayed outside to enjoy each other's company as they exchanged romantic gestures, banter, and hilarious stories. Mostly about their children way back when they were apart, basically anything they could think of since they never run out of topics.