Chapter 123: The sweet life

At SFO...

After a day and a couple of hours on a plane, the Gomez's finally arrived in California.

     The kids; Halley, Abbey, and Adan—with Gio as a companion—were instructed to stay at the lobby while their parents get everything settled before they went home

"I still can't believe we're here!" Abbey expresses her enthusiasm.

"Welcome to San Francisco!" Halley smiled as she announces.

They roamed around the lobby and were ecstatic with all they had seen.

San Francisco international airport was quite famous because of their art pieces all around the airport for both the local and international travelers to appreciate.

     Gio was holding Adan closer to him as they play while Halley and Abbey got occupied by the canvases.

"Too bad dad's not here," Abbey abruptly said as she sighed.

Halley heard her, she feels bad for her, "I'm sorry, Avs."

"No, don't be," she pulled a smile.

     "But he could ha—"

     "Hal, no, please," Abbey politely stops her, "he did wrong and we all knew every action has its consequences."

     "Yes, but I know how much your dad means to you and I couldn't help not to feel bad about it."

     Halley didn't think twice to pull Abbey for a tight hug, she knew how she feels.

     "I'm fine, Halley," she giggles.

     "You sure?"

     "Yup, more than fine. Especially now I know that you and your family will always be there for me."

     "Anong my family lang? Our family! You're one of us now, Abbey."

     Halley reached Abbey's hands for a light squeezed as an assurance that she would always be so happy for her to be part of their family.

     "Kids!" They suddenly heard Tricia.

     There across the lobby could be seen Tricia and Vince walking, hands intertwined, as they approaches their kids.

     "Our ride is ready, all bags were in the van also," Vince informed them, "let's go?"

     "Are you kids tired from the flight? What do you want to do, roam for a bit while, or head straight home?" Tricia asked.

     "Uhm, mum," Abbey called Tricia.

     "Yes, sweetie?"

     "Gio and I had plans already."