Chapter 168: Happy hearts

Manila, Philippines

     It has been several weeks since the Gomez family was back in Manila.

     Vince has completely recovered from his recent incident, which most likely resulted in a bullet wound to his left shoulder. However, they couldn't find Greg, and they had no idea he had a co-conspirator in this scheme.

     Also, Vince and Tricia were concerned about the progress of Greg's lawsuit since they were concerned about Abbey's condition and how she will manage everything.

     Nonetheless, since the couple has planned to return to Manila for good, Tricia has already closed her jewelry business in London and hopes to reopen it when she gives delivery of their coming baby and once everything else with their family is in place.

     The children, on the other hand, had no trouble adjusting considering they have been together for a lengthy moment since their family returned from abroad—not to forget the occasions when they had the opportunity to be together.

     Moreover, as they'll be residing in the Philippines, Halley hopes to acquire a career, now that she was already a grad student. She wishes to continue working as a model since she garnered expertise when they were in California. Meanwhile, Abbey was granted a private tutor, and they sought her out at a private school, requesting that she would not attend school nearly every day due to her condition. They also searched for a private school for Adan to enroll.

     "Ma, could you kindly check if this is fine na po?" Halley said, ready to open the oven door.

     "No, dear, give it some more time," Tricia advised just in time.

     "Oh, alright, Ma! I guess I was just that excited," she chuckles.

     "I'm certain you are, sweet bean."

     They were taken aback when they heard Adan exclaim, "I'm done too, Mama! Look at my platter!" He grinned widely, clearly pleased with himself.

     "That look quite sweet, Kuya, Papa will definitely love that," Tricia said while she cradled her son in her arms.

     "Yay!" he embrace his mama back, "I'll also help you, ate Halley."

     "Sure, Dan, I need a hand!" Halley enthusiastically accepted.

     "Mum, I'm done with the pancakes; what else should I do?" Abbey chimed in as she delicately placed the hot pancakes in the dishes.

     "You're all done?" Tricia asked, turning around to face her, "well, there's nothing else to do dear, thank you."

     "All right, Mum, I'll go wait for Hal to finish."

     "Mama, can we wake up Papa po?" Adan suggested.

     "Let him sleep, Kuya. Your papa needs to rest," their mama said with a smile.

     "Pinagod ni mama," Halley mumbled clearly enough for them to hear.

     Tricia frowned at her daughter, "What did you say?"

     "Hmm? I didn't say anything, Ma," she feigned, "did I say anything, Avs?"

     Abbey simply chuckled and continued on with her sister's trip, saying, "yup, didn't hear a word, Mum."

     She gave Halley a wink as if to say, 'I got you, sis!' before they burst out giggling.

     Tricia eventually shrugged it off and drew them all three in for an embrace, adding, "You kiddos' are a lot more than makulit!"

     They were so caught up in their embrace and banter that they didn't realize Vince was already leaning against the door frame.