Chapter 49: The life we knew we would have (part 1)

The Next Morning...

"Mama, let's go!" Adan exclaimed while his ate Abbey volunteered in unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Relax, we're not in a rush," Tricia giggles.

She was checking their bags and wanted to make sure everything was settled and that they didn't forget anything they would need for the day.

     Though she didn't have to and for sure Vince will get that part covered.

"My baby, say goodbye to ate and daddy na," she ordered her son.

Adan bid goodbyes to them with a hug.

     Leaving them with his few cute and some silly reminders.

And surely leave them all laughing.

Then all of a sudden, Vince was seen through their car's window, walking towards their direction then opened the gates for them to drive inside.

"Papa ice cream!" Adan screamed.

He quickly gets off the car.

Run towards Vince and greeted him excitedly with a tight embrace like he always does—as if it was his first time meeting his papa.

Vince did not even hesitate to scoop his feet off the ground then lowered himself in the car's window level.

He nods his head as his way of greeting after seeing Tricia, Greg, and Abbey inside.

"Pasok muna kayo?" Vince asks.

Greg lowered the windows.

"Thanks, but we have to go na rin."

"Okay."

Nodding his head again, he then turned to Tricia, "san' yung gamit niyo? I'll bring it inside," he offered.

Tricia carefully passes him their bags.

"Thank you, Vince."

"Sure, let's go inside."

Vince invited Tricia and waited for her but when she was about to get off the car Greg stops her.

"You and Dan can go ahead, I have to talk with my wife first," he told Vince while holding Tricia.

Vince was glaring at Greg but then drew his eyes to Tricia and when she nods at him, he just sighed then agrees on leaving them.

"Mama follow us inside po ha!" Adan shouted while still in his papa's arms.

     Almost halfway through.

As soon as Vince and his son reach inside, Adan asks him to put him down.

"Did you miss here, Adan?"

"Yes, papa ice cream," he nodded.

"Ako? Did you miss me?"

     "Yes, papa!" Adan hugged him on his waist then looks up at him. "Where's ate Halley po?"

     "On her room, sleeping."

    "Still sleeping po?"

"Yup."

He kneeled in front of Adan then hold him on his shoulders, a smile started to form on his lips—only God knows how happy he was to finally be able to have this chance.

"I'm about to prepare for our breakfast, did you and your mama eat already?"

"Not yet."