Chapter 86: Their last night

Back at home...

Gomez family spend the whole afternoon visiting museums and different tourist spots around Ormoc city.

They only decided to head back home when heavy rain starts to fall on their way.

"Did you guys have fun?" Tricia asks their two goofballs as soon as they stepped inside.

"We did, mama!" Halley giggles.

"It was fun!" Adan exclaimed.

While the two kids were still talking to their mama, Vince made his way towards his room to grabbed some fresh towels for them.

     "Can we take a shower later na lang po? Let's eat dinner, I'm starving," Halley said.

     "Please!!" Their goofballs pleaded.

     "Fine, fine," Tricia surrendered, "make sure to wipe yourself first, okay?"

     "Yes, mama!"

     Tricia and Vince watch their kids ran towards the dining room and get themselves settled at the table.

     "Hon, okay ka lang?" Tricia asks.

     She noticed his quietness the whole time they were outside since after they went to the museum.

     "Yeah, I'm good, hon," Vince smiled.

     He then picked up the paper bags, it was their take-out food since they stopped by to a drive-thru for their dinner.

     "Let me help you with the drinks."

     "Thanks, hon."

     The couple proceeds to the kitchen to prepare their dinner. Just transferring the take-out foods to a nice plate before they served it to the kids.

-----

     Shortly after dinner, Tricia and Vince stayed at the kitchen to fix their used plates as they let the two take their half baths before sleeping.

     "Hon, ako na rito. Take your shower na rin, babad ka na masyado," Vince told her.

     "Later na ako, I'll help you muna."

     "Hmm," Vince grinned at her.

Vince abruptly faced Tricia then held her hands before she could even reach the sink. He then wrapped her arms around his waist.

"If you don't want to take a shower yet, yan muna gawin mo, hon," he smiled then turned to face the dishes again.

"Sus, nagpayakap pa!" She giggles.

"I'll do the work, just hug me."

Tricia did embrace Vince tightly then rests her head behind as she keeps watching him the whole time.

"Hon," she whispered.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"I know you don't want to talk about this yet, but I just want to let you know that Halley wants to see you paint again a—"

"Hindi na ako marunong," he cut her off right away.

"Marunong ka," she hugged Vince a little tighter, "maybe you thought hindi na since you stopped doing it, but I can feel you still do."

"Can we not talk about this yet, Tricia?"

Tricia heaves a sigh, "okay."

She nods at him.