Chapter 9: Disconcerting Plans

After dinner at the restaurant, the Martinez family decided to head back home.

Greg was the one driving them and Tricia was sitting beside him, Abbey and Adan were both at the backseat and had fallen asleep.

Tricia was well aware of the route to their condo and was concerned that Greg was taking a different way.

"Greg, are we going somewhere? Hindi kasi ito yung way pabalik sa condo."

"I know, love. Kaya lang naman kayo nag condo is because I'm not with you pa. But now that I'm here, we're going home."

"You mean our—"

"Yes, love." He smiled then reached for her hands. "You don't have to worry about anything, all is set."

"Okay." Tricia nodded at him while smiling.

She rests her back on her seat, carefully pulling down the lever then held Greg's hand tightly.

Greg knew she was tired so he kept an eye on her but still focusing on the road.

"Take a rest, love. Gisingin na lang kita kapag nakarating na tayo."

He gently squeezed her hand before filling the gaps of her fingers then brought it to his lips.

"I love you."

Tricia smiled as she leaned on her seat facing Greg then cupped his face using her free hand.

"I love you too."
------------------------------------------------------

     It was late at night when Emman called Audrey to open the gates for them as he drives Vince back to their house.

     "Babe, what happened to kuya?" Audrey asked as soon as Emman get off the car.

     "Wasted. Nagyaya mag beer." He replied then carefully assisted Vince to get out of the car too.

     "Not wasted, just a bit dizzy."

     Vince defended himself that he wasn't drunk though it was already obvious by the way he moves and talks.

     "Babe, kindly open the door." Emman requested Audrey.

     Audrey did what she had been told then helped Emman in assisting Vince to get inside the house.

     Carefully putting him down on the couch.

     "Thanks, babe." Audrey patted Emman's back.

     "Ikaw babe, uuwi ka na ba? Hatid na kita."

     "I'll stay here for the night, we don't want Halley to see that."

     "For sure. Ayan ang pinakaayaw ni Hal makita sa papa niya." Emman agrees with Audrey. "Oh I have to go back to my shift babe, 1hour late na ako."

     "Oo nga pala babe, you still have your shift. " Audrey looks on her phone. "Sige na, drive safely ha. I love you."

     "I love you too, babe. Ingat kayo dito, call me when you need me."

Audrey watched Emman made his way out until he disappeared from her sight before she approached her brother.

     "Auds, where's Hal?" Vince suddenly asked.

"In her room, sleeping." She replied and saw him massaging his temple. "Kuya you have to move, hindi ka pwedeng makitang ganyan ni Hal."

Vince takes a few minutes before he stood up from the couch attempting to make a step but he was way too dizzy.