Chapter 125: A glance back to year '03 and '04

"Why are we wearing this again, honey?" Vince asks his wife while he uncomfortably adjusts his party hat.

"Coz' it's our girls 5th and 6th birthday, hon. That's why we bake 2 cakes," Tricia giggles.

"Do I really have to wear this too, hon? I think it's too tight."

Tricia clicked her tongue, "fine, pass the camcorder to Adan then hold the cakes."

Vince did what Tricia told him to do so.

"Just hold it for a sec, buddy, okay?"

"Okay, papa ice cream."

"Come here, honey, I'll adjust your hat," she made him faced her then adjusted his party hat, "feel okay now?"

"Still a bit itchy but I'll manage. Thanks, honey," he smiles.

"We'll just wear it for a short while, hon, just deal with it for now," she cups his face.

     "Yes, I will, honey."

     "And also, thank you for being so nice to Abbey. She needed us most this time."

     "I know, hon. And that's the least I can do for her for what she did."

     "Aw, honey," she hugs him, "thank you for accepting her to our family, I couldn't have been more happy."

     "Basta para sa inyo ng mga bata," he softly kisses her temple.

     "Love you!"

     "I love you too."

"Ready, honey?" Tricia asked Vince then get the camcorder from Adan while the other hand was placed on the doorknob already.

"Yes, hon," Vinces smiles, holding two small cakes for Halley and Abbey.

Adan was tugging the hem of his papa's shirt and holding on to his mama too.

"Okay, I'll open the door now."

*door slowly opens*

     There they saw Halley and Abbey still fast asleep and had no idea of what was about to happen next.

     "Buddy, help mama to wake up your ate's."

     "Okay, papa ice cream!"

     Vince watches his mag-ina wakes up their girls which they had succeeded after a while.

"Mum?" Abbey speaks.

Halley yawned.

"Mama? Papa? What's this po?" She looked at their parents as she and Abbey quickly sit up on their bed.

Instead of answering the girls, the couple with Adan started singing a happy birthday song to them.

Happy birthday to you...